Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Update, Announcement, and Send Chocolate



Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great June! And today, it's a brand new month... Whew, I can't even believe it is already July! Any Fourth of July plans?

Well, this July, we are going to do things a little differently. Usually when I participate in Nano through April, July, and November, I take a hiatus from blogging, but this month, I have something planned to post. 

Also, I just wanted to bring y'all up to date: I've decided to join The Kings Daughters Writing Camp. It's a Christian alternative to NanoWriMo and I'm super excited to have such a wide support group of individuals to cheer me on this month.

But enough of that jazz, here are a couple things to keep y'all updated.

Update:: Third Chances

Most of you know that I've been working a lot on my WIP (work in progress) titled Third Chances! Well, I'm super close to being finished with the first draft, and I'm really hoping to make some progress this July. Prayers would be appreciated. I'm really wanting God to use this story, and sometimes I feel inadequate. But I know that He has a plan for my writing journey, and I'll just let Him guide my pen so to speak.

But ya'll deserve an Update on Third Chances.


Here's an updated blurb (it's changed a lot! And it still needs some polishing...)

Is it too late for Third Chances at faith, love, and forgiveness?

Aimee Hope Bernard returns from veterinary technician college with low hopes of reconciliation with her mother.  But she's desperate, and returning home is the only option.  If her disaster of a childhood taught her anything, it was to be prepared for any situation.  Only, there are some things in life that she just couldn't possibly prepare for.  When she is truly down to nothing, God shows her that He is up to something when He opens doors, opportunities, and opens her heart to love and forgiveness. 

Colt James Langston is the oldest of seven siblings in his family and takes it upon himself to be the one responsible after the painful death of his father.  Weighted with hospital bills and the devastating news of foreclosure, Colt and his family set out on a journey seeking a new lifestyle.  They find themselves renting a rundown farm from a old family friend in Marysville, Kansas.  When a chance encounter with a pretty hitch hiker becomes more than happenstance, Colt begins to have second thoughts about the promise he made to himself after his father passed away.  As time goes on, he learns the importance of having faith in testing trials. His newly found faith in God might just move the mountains in his life after all. 

When faith, family, and trust are put to the test, will it be enough to last through to the other side of hardship?  Join these two young adults as they journey a path that will lead them to the conclusion that God is a God of Third Chances.


Blog Announcement:: The Forgotten Story

Now, while Third Chances is not finished, I do have a story to share with ya'll. In order to spend more time writing TC, I am going to be posting an already finished short story. I wrote a Circle C Milestones fan story for a contest, and although it didn't place, it still has a special memory for me. Well, *laughs* actually, I forgot about this story. I didn't remember it until I was cleaning out my desk and found a copy! Lol, so for the month of July, I will be sharing this story with y'all. It has seven parts, and will last throughout the month. It's a rather deep and funny story that I am super happy to share with my fellow Andi Carter fans! I tried to keep it to be as closer to the original form, though I changed some typos. 

The way I see it, it's a win win win. Before I found this story (Titled: A Place to Call Home), I was going to have to take a hiatus from Showers of Blessings. But now, the blog gets to stay running, I get a break from blogging, and Third Chances still gets to be written!


On to more important business...

Send Chocolate:: Jk, jk

So, I'm just kidding. Kinda.

Send virtual, inspiration chocolate down in the comments below to cheer me on this month. I really want to finish the first draft of Third Chances!

Any plans this July? Are you going to be writing up a storm? 
Are you excited to read A Place to Call Home? Comment below! 

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse

14 comments:

  1. Hi Brooklyne! I’m so excited to read your stories! I will definitely send chocolate through the comments😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I’m so excited for you to read them! :)
      *graciously accepts your inspiration chocolate*

      Delete
  2. Your book sounds so interesting! And TKDWG is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I’m glad it sounds interesting to you! I’m excited to see where God takes this story. Ah, yes!

      Delete
  3. Your story sounds amazing!!!! *sends you a large bar of chocolate* Praying for you and your story!!! I am in the same boat with my story. I just finished the first draft but there are a few things I still want to add in and of course LOTS of editing. Praying for you this July!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you thank you! *munches on your chocolate bar*
      I’ll definitely be praying for you and your writing as well! <3

      Delete
  4. So exciting! <3 Have fun with Third Chances! :) Excited to read your short story!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope writing goes well for you, Brooklyne! You’ve got this!
    I’m really excited to read your Circle C story. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! XD
      I’m excited for you to read it!

      Delete
  6. Lol! I've forgotten some of my best stories only to find them later and realize how great they are! Can't wait to read your story. (And glad you'll be posting while still taking a break to write.) *grins and sends you a large amount of chocolate with promises of more to come*
    I recently started writing the first draft of my first book. It's coming along nicely, but I know there'll be LOTS of editing. I'm hoping to finish the first draft in August. Praying all goes well for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, at least I’m not the only one! ;) Aww, thanks for all the chocolate!!

      Hey, that’s awesome! Way to go! Editing takes lots of time, but hang in there! You can do it! Same here! <3

      Delete
  7. *sends all the chocolate* Yay!! I'll be cheering for you!! You got this <3

    ReplyDelete