Wednesday, October 28, 2020

To My Big Sis

 To my big sis, 

Thank you for being you. Thank you for being the best older sister a girl could wish for. Thanks for always being there for me and having my back. Thanks for going on adventures with me. For talking me through stuff and listening to my crazy self. You are so special to me. And I'm excited to see how God works in this new season of your life. 

We no longer share a last name, but you are forever my big sis, my best friend. 

We are polar opposites yet so alike. We are thick as thieves yet have been known to disagree. We know how to hang out and our version of fun is simple. We don't need no fancy reservation, just junk food and a movie. :) 

We no longer share a last name, but you are forever my big sis, my best friend.

We have been through a lot together. You've seen me at my worst. You know me so well, I'm like a open book to you. We know how to hold down the fort and make a good team. We know how to push through. We complement each other. Together, we are strong.

We no longer share a last name, but you are forever my big sis, my best friend. 

I think back on our childhood and realize how close we were (and still are). Sneaking toys up in our bunkbed. Playing together for hours on end. "Going" to school together. Going to horse camp together. You protected me from the tree bark on the tire swing. You fixed my problems, turning my scribbles into masterpieces. You did so much more for me. So many memories we share.

We no longer share a last name, but you are forever my big sis, my best friend.

You and I have the weirdest conversations. I can talk to you about anything. Together, we are deep, funny, cool, and just a couple of weirdos. You are the jelly to my peanut butter. 

We no longer share a last name, but you are forever my big sis, my best friend. 


As we've grown up together, things change. But not all change is bad. It's different. But you and I are still thick as thieves. All my life, you have been there. You've laughed with me, and cried too. You've picked me up. You've taught me how to be confident. You've loved me no matter what.

We not longer share a last name. We no longer live under the same roof. (And I'll miss you in the room next to mine). We no longer share the basement together. But we are the same two sisters. No amount of change can change that. So let's stay close. You are forever my big sis, my best friend. You will always have me, and I'll always have you.

I'm excited for you as you embark on this new adventure. I love you. To the moon and back. <3 

"To my sister, you are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and I love you." -Pinterest

Comment below if you have close siblings! How many siblings do you have? Are any of them married? 

P.S. I hope to share more photo's in a photo dump (vote down below if you want to see more pics of the wedding! it was absolutely stunning btw!) ... but for now, I hope you liked seeing some of the ones that I took on my phone! <3

34 comments:

  1. Awww!
    Congratulations to your sister! πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so exciting !!! my brother got married this summer, the first of my siblings so that was exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, so exciting and something new! Congrats to your sister!
    I totally get what you're saying. My sister is married(as you know) and I understand completely what you're saying. Though I have three amazing big sisters *winks*
    Only one of my siblings are married but my two other sisters are longing for husbands. Days can be ruff for them. <3
    And YES!! More pictures of the wedding!! Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so happy for her!! And the weddings was so so memorable!!!!
      Thanks for understanding, and now I understand where you’re at better now too. It’s hard sometimes to be the younger sis. But it’s also such a special season in life. Trying to live in the moment and enjoy it. <3
      Hopefully I can do a photo dump soon!!! XD

      Delete
  4. Awww! The pictures are beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwaa I totally know what y mean 😭 my bestest big sis is getting married in July and im so sad For myself yet happy for herrr. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚And super excited!πŸ₯³

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I totally get that and its ok to feel that way. Keep seeing the blessings in this. Praying for you! <3 Change is a funny thing. It’s so exciting and yet can be so hard bc it’s all new and we have to have some time to adjust to it. <3

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes she does!! I’m so thankful they get to be so close to us! XD Is your sister going to live near y’all after they get married??

      Delete
  7. That's so exciting!!! Congratulations to your sister!! <3 I'd love to see more pictures of the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is!!! Ok, I’ll have to plan a post for some more pictures then!! ;)

      Delete
  8. I'm one of 7, so yes, we are very close! My two older sisters are married and I have 7 amazing nieces and nephews! And yes, more pictures please! Congrats on your new brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having close sisters! Such a treasure! Wow, you have a big family! So you definitely know what it’s like to have a sis get married. <3
      More pictures on the way!! *sparklers*

      Delete
  9. Aw, congrats to her! I'm the oldest of the family, haha, but the sister right after me is SUPER close to me.... and I would LOVE to see more pictures of the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you are close to your siblings! Things will eventually change as your younger siblings grow up, but you will always have the memories you are making with them right now! Keep cherishing those little moments! <3

      Delete
  10. Aww so exciting!! Congrats to your sister!! I can imagine its going to be rather hard when we start getting married. I'm not really close to my siblings in a deeply personal, share all my secrets way, (my closest sister is 5 years younger), but I'm myself with them and they are some of my best friends We have such amazing memories together. Yes yes YES, more wedding pictures!! These are beautiful and I want to see more!!

    Such a sweet post! πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Having best friends in siblings is definitely the way to go! ;) Memories together are so priceless! I’ll definitely share more pics!! <3

      Delete
  11. Awww, that's just the sweetest! So happy for your sister! I have two sisters, a twin and a younger one (not too much younger though). We're like three peas in a pod and although we have our rough days I wouldn't trade them for the world! <3 I would love to see more wedding pics too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s so neat that you are really close with your sisters!! (And so cool that you have a twin!!)

      Delete
  12. I love the pictures, Brooklyne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This post was so sweet!! <3
    I'd love to see more photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. You got it!! Keep an eye out for sometime in the next couple weeks! ;)

      Delete
  15. Such an awesome post!!! It looks like such a lovely wedding. I want to see more pics for sure. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet post and I loved seeing the pictures!! <3

    ReplyDelete