Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Such Great Faith Part 2



Last June, I posted a poem that told a story. Click HERE to read it. 
Today's poem is part 2 in this mini blog series. 
This poem is inspired Matthew 9:18-27 and Mark 5:22-43.

Such Great Faith 2 
Written by Brooklyne Elysse

The Son of God spoke 
Those around Him questioned 
But Jesus’s words could not be debated 

A ruler who’s faith saved his daughter 
A ruler who worshiped 
A ruler who had such great faith 

A woman who needed healing
A woman who was desperate  
A woman who had such great faith 

Ruler 

I opened the door to find the Man sitting 
With tax collectors and sinners 
The Man who was my last hope
For I had heard He could raise the dead 
I know deep down that He can bring 
My little daughter back to life 

I humbled myself before Him and begged earnestly 
Worshiping the Son of God 
Saying, “My little daughter lies at the point of death.
Come and lay Your hands on her, that she may be healed,
And she will live.”
So Jesus came, followed by many

I stopped my speedy walk when the Man halts 
The crowd heavily surrounded us in the suffocating heat 
“Who touched My clothes?” Jesus asked
I see a woman come trembling forward, fear stricken 
But He said, “Daughter your faith had made you well.
Go in peace and be healed of your affliction.”

I wondered if He would do the same for my own daughter 
But as the Man spoke, a messenger came to me
“Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further.”
I was devastated, but Jesus came to me and said,
“Do not be afraid; only believe.” 
And so I chose to have faith and believe 

I come to my house filled with mourners and wailing 
Jesus asked them why they were going on so
“The child is not dead, but sleeping.” 
I entered with them to where my daughter lay 
And watched as Jesus took her limp hand in His
“Little girl, I say to you, arise.” 

I was overcome with great amazement 
My daughter was alive! 
My heart leapt with joy 
As I watched my daughter become well again
Never would I forget this moment 
What kind of Man performed miracles such as this? 

Only the Son of God, the Healer, the Savior of the World. 

What is a miracle that Jesus performed in the Bible that stands out the most to you? What about a miracle that happened in your life? Comment below! 







16 comments:

  1. Super cool! Love it!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. This is well written and a good concusion to the first part. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brooklyne! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you with a NaNoWriMo 20 Questions tag over on my wordpress blog wevegotpockets.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for tagging me! I will definitely do it! :)

      Delete