Wednesday, October 2, 2019

s o m e d a y s . . .


Some days just don't work out like their supposed too. Some days life is just strait up hard. And you've been there, I've been there, we've all had off days. Days where we get overwhelmed and discouraged with what's going on in life.

So in today's post, I thought I'd give you a couple things to do when you feel like this. Basically a list of how to turn around a bad day:

Journal

If you are anything like me, when life gets messy, its easier to write down those feelings then to speak them. So grab your journal and spill. Sometimes seeing things out on paper makes it more manageable.
If you try this, but don't really know how to get the words out, here's some prompts for you:
Why do I feel this way?
Can I control this situation?
Is this a lie I'm telling myself?
What is the facts about this?
What does my next baby step towards this goal look like?

Pray

Lift up your burdens to Jesus. He already knows what your going through and is asking for you to talk to Him about it. So talk to Him like a friend.

Talk to Your Mom

She always makes it better. Or, you could talk things over with a sibling, or close friend. Someone that will listen to your rambles and encourage you through your rough day.

Work Out

So it may not sound like a very fun thing to do when you already feel stressed and tired. But give it a try. Put your phone down and get outside for a walk or jog. Or, if you need to let off some extra steam, lift weights with some music. Get motivated about working out and that really helps a stressful day.

Do Something that Brings You Joy

Find out what brings you joy--what makes you sparkle--and do it. Take a break from what is frustrating you, or get your mind off of something that is overwhelming by doing a hobby. For me, some of those things might look like reading a chapter, writing, painting, baking, spending time with animals, etc.

Make a List

List making isn't for everyone. But if you like making lists, definitely do this! Make a list of your priorities, make a list of goals, make a list of lists you want to make, make a grocery list! Just get those ideas and plans out on paper to better visualize it... But if you don't like lists, you better skip this one, because they can also get overwhelming in and of themselves.

I hope this post gave you a few new ways to handle those "some days" and I'd love to hear a few ways you handle a off day! Comment below!






22 comments:

  1. Great ideas, Brooklyne! I've used almost all of these when I'm stressed or having a bad day. I'll have to try the others out! Thanks for sharing! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got good idea's Brooklyne! *smiles*
    Talking to my mom always helps me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you think so!
      Yes, moms are the best! ;)

      Delete
    2. Also, I did another blog post if you haven't seen it. *winks*

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas!! Especially the working out one! Also talking to a sister always helps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working out can make a world of difference when things get stressful. And yes, sister talks always make things 100% better! ;)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Great ideas! I find that looking forward to something or working toward a goal helps bad days or a bad week.

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! Looking forward to something and reaching for those goals are always helpful!

      Delete
  5. I love these ideas, Ben!! ^^ It's always good to have something to fall back onto when you're feeling low. :)

    By the way - I also find that just walking and letting God speak or going out into nature alone and listening to the wind in the trees etc REALLY helps me. :D

    Literally, though - I needed this. I've been struggling lately with how overwhelming everything's been. This definitely helped me reevaluate. <3

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Boots!

      So true! That always helps a lot!

      I'm so glad this post could come in handy for you! Whatever you're going through, keep trusting Him who knows the outcomes to each situation. You got this, I will be praying for you!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, Brooklyne! Writing in my journal definitely helps me and talking to my mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips! The working out one has always worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, working out can be a life saver when things get overwhelming! ;)

      Delete
  8. Wonderful tips! I like to either read, pray, go on a walk, or dance to my favourite music in my room. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! All those are great things! (And dancing is so much fun!)

      Delete