Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Such Great Faith // A Story Poem


Such Great Faith
Written by Brooklyne

A weary journey 
Coming down from the mountain 
Followed by many 

The Son of God 
The Savior of the world
The Healer, but rejected by most

A multitude crowded in so curious 
A multitude sick and hurting
A multitude there to condemn and judge

A leper who was desperate 
A leper who believed 
A leper who had such great faith 

Leper

I am no better than a rodent
People, old “friends” stare and point
I hear whispers before they run away
I have no cure, but am destined to live 
A life of loneliness and misery 
I am worthless trash 

I had heard the rumors 
That there was a Man 
Someone who healed the sick 
Who welcomed the rejected 
A Master who’s touch was of Power 
A Man different than the rest 

I looked at my tarnished skin
How could I not at least try? 
I gathered enough courage 
I would have elbowed my way towards the Man
But I needn’t shove my way, for they scattered 
When they saw the likes of me

He saw me too, so I bowed to worship
“Lord, if You are willing, 
You can make me clean.” 
My simple plea left my lips 
Before I could think twice 
I bowed before the Man who could free me

I was taking a chance
But one worth taking
For the Man named Jesus 
Reached out His hand toward me
And I felt His healing touch 
“I am willing; be cleansed.” 

I look at my once red, white, and blotchy skin
It was now clean and new
As a newborn child, soft and unblemished 
I looked up into the Man’s eyes 
Eyes that searched my own tear-filled ones 
What kind of Man would touch a leper like me? 

Only the Son of God, the Healer, the Savior of the World

~~~ Poem inspired by Matthew 8:1-4 ~~~

What did you think of this new poem style/layout? What is your favorite story in the Bible where Jesus heals the sick? Comment below! 




14 comments:

  1. This is such a good poem! I love it Brooklyne!😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patience! I thought I'd mix it up by having a poem that tells a story. <3

      Delete
  2. I like it. I can't believe I've never thought about the simple fact of Jesus touching the Leper. Jesus healed a lot of people by touching them. But the Leper wouldn't have felt a sympathetic touch for ages.
    Keep it up Girl!!
    💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked this poem, Rachel! Yes, it's amazing the miracles Jesus performed! <3

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! So, so, so beautiful.
    ~Izzy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Ben. Gorgeous!!!

    I honestly have no favorites, they're all so good!! ^^

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think story poems are really cool! Great job!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem, Brooklyne! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked how it told a story while being well written down, and especially am impressed with your ability to do such a good poem very well and it be long ! ( which is not me criticizing i think its awesome.) Keep up the awesome poetry!

    ReplyDelete