Monday, October 7, 2019

A Houseboat Adventure




Last month, my family went on vacation... We decided to rent a houseboat for the weekend! It was a lot of fun! This trip held many first-time experiences for me...


We set out on a Friday morning and once we loaded the car up, we hit the road. Lots of singing/listening to the radio, goofing off, and snacks later, we arrived at the boating place. There were tons of houseboats at this place! The people we rented the houseboat from were super nice and helped us bring our bags to the boat.

Once I stepped on to the boat, I got a bit nervous because I realized I was sea sick from the rocking. Great, just great. I thought to myself. They hadn't turned the air conditioner up yet, so it was 80 degrees in there, and that made it a lot worse. After the guy taught my dad how to drive the houseboat, they untied us from the dock and we floated away.


Thankfully, my sea sickness went away when we were driving and it never really came back. The scenery was amazing, and there wasn't too many people out boating.

The first couple days were tough... it was just my luck that I had cramps. You girls feel my pain here. Anyway, after the first two days, the trip turned around and we had a blast!

I had never done anything like this before! Staying 66 hours on a boat! Like--that was so cool! We went fishing and skipped stones (My sisters are better at skipping stones... I don't have a very good technique.) I got to go down the slide at the back of the boat, and guess what? My sisters and I got to wash our hair in the lake and shave our legs! Talk about a first time experience. We watched movies and made cookies. And somehow survived having next to none cell reception (which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.)


Each night, we would drive around to different coves to tie off. It was really cool, and a adventure tying up... XD

The last night there, we went stargazing, and let me tell you, it was so pretty out. So peaceful.

Have you ever been tickled so hard you fell off the couch? Yep. I have... thanks sista. Have you ever gotten to drive a houseboat? I got too drive it! Have you ever explored the steep river bank in search of the "waterfall" only to discover that we all have different definitions of a waterfall? It's possible we may have gone on a little detour and our boat may have almost floated away...


My family made lots of memories on this trip! Memories that we will look back on for a long time. Ones we will cherish, ones that will forever be laughed at, and ones that we'll shake out heads at.

This trip was a blast! And I 100% recommend a houseboat vacation! =)

Have you ever gone on a houseboat? 
What is your favorite vacation memory?
 Comment below!  



28 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this looks like a dream vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! My dream, right there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun. Though, I could see myself getting sea sick. I'd probably not handle it very well. *laughs*
    Yes!! *raises hand* I've been tickled so hard that I've fallen off the couch. My brother thinks it's fun to tickle me until I can't breathe. *laughs* I'm ticklish in my wrist and he thinks it's odd so he likes to grab my arm and get a hold of it so I can't free myself, and torture me. *laughs* So, yes. I know what you mean. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, it wasn't too bad unless the boat was tied to the dock only by the front of the boat... that's when I got sea sick the most. :)
      *laughs* I'm ticklish too! Your brother sounds like a typical brother! *wink wink*

      Delete
    2. *laughs* He is! But he sure can be sweet at times. <3

      Delete
  4. Whoa, this trip sounds so fun, Brooklyne! Your pictures are gorgeous and I loved reading about it. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! Thank you! I'm glad you liked reading about our adventures!

      Delete
  5. Never tried that. Sounds super fun!!!! <3

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I hadn't either, but it turned out to be a blast! ;)

      Delete
  6. WOW Brooklyne!! This looks like SOO much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was REALLY fun! Especially getting to shave our legs and wash our hair in the lake! (That was really cool! XD)

      Delete
  7. How neat! I've never been on a house boat, but now I'd like to give it a try! My favorite "vacation" was spending a few days in Tennessee and getting to go to the Dixie Stampede with my family. My dad and sister got to be in one of the games and they won!!! And the South, our side, won the entire event, which was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cool! Ahh, the Dixie Stampede is a lot of fun! I've only gone to one a long time ago, but remember having a blast! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, that sounds awesome! You had a lovely time :D I've never had a houseboat vacation but it seems to be really, really cool!! Have a nice day, Booklyne! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip! It was good to get away for a couple days...
      You have a nice day too! Thanks for commenting, Ann!! <33

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a ton of fun, Ben!!! ^^

    I'm sorry you didn't feel so well at the beginning of it, though. :/ I know what sea sickness is, as I have severe motion sickness that attacks me at the most inopportune times. >.>

    But YEEE, it sounds like you had an amazing adventure!!! ^^ I've never been on a house boat before, but it definitely sounds like so much fun!! :D

    Great post!! <3 <3

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It was quite the adventure!

      Yeah... that part wasn't too much fun, but I'm glad I was able to get over it so I could enjoy the rest of the trip! :)

      It was super fun!

      <33

      Delete
  10. Wow that sounds like lots of fun! I've been on a couple boats before and have got sea sick. It is NOT fun. Also, I like your name. 😁 My name is Brooklyn just without an "e".😉
    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! And thankfully, I didn't stay sea sick! ;)
      Hey, I like your name too! Thanks for commenting, Brooklyn!

      Delete
  11. I loved reading a little bit more of you and your family's adventure! =)

    ReplyDelete