Monday, July 15, 2019

#writersunite Tag + WIP Collab with Boots!


Howdy, y'all! Today I have a super special post to share with you! A post that has been in the works for a couple months now! *drumroll* Introducing my first collaboration post and a super cool tag that I helped co-create! 

One of my blogger friends, Lilly (Go check out her awesome blog HERE) and I decided to put together a collab talking about our Historical Fiction WIPs! I will be talking about Dakota's Dream which is book #1 in my Winds of Faith Chronicles Series and Boots will be talking about her Historical WIP, Death Valley! 

Anyway, we decided to turn our collab into a tag for those around the blogosphere to participate as well! (I say "we" but really it was mostly through Boot's brilliance that this new tag was born!) 

To make things a bit simpler, head over to Lilly's blog where she will explain the tag rules! Because she does a better job at explaining things! XD 

But the just of this post is: both of us will answer the questions I came up with on Showers of Blessings, and then Boots (we call each other by our nicknames...) will post both of our answers to her 10 questions on her blog, Lilly Cat

So lets get on with it! 


1. What inspired the idea for writing this story? 
Ben- The inspiration behind my Historical Fiction series that I am writing is my family. And also our move to the country. In this series, I am going to be basing some of the main characters off of my family. This is my first ever book idea, and someday, I hope to publish all five books in the series! 

Boots- Some talks I had with my Australian friend. We're both writers, and we both thought it would be neat to write a story. We love ourselves some historical fiction, so when it finally go around to the point where we could start writing, it was a no brainer what we were going to write.

2. What message would you like your readers to gain from reading your WIP? 
Ben- In this first book, Dakota's Dream, the message that I would like to portray is to trust in Gods's plan for your dreams. Even if those dreams change...
I'd like this story to be about how God gives us dreams, but also how our version of the dream might be different than His. This book is also about hope.

Boots- Well, hopefully they take away a deeper understanding of how faith and prayer works (I still need to iron that firmly into the plot). I also want them to see that good does always win. Because God created it that way. It doesn't matter if you lose a battle, you're gonna win the war, inevitably.

3. What is the hardest part about the writing process for you? 
Ben- Staying consistent with writing. So many times I write when I have the inspiration to do so, and then when the excitement of a new idea fades, I'm left doubting in my ability to write. So the hardest part about the writing process for me would be to keep writing throughout the times when the words flow easy and when I'm stuck.

Boots- The actual writing. My perfectionist-editor brain hates it when there are typos/errors etc. I just want to go back and edit through or scrap everything I've written and rework it. *facepalm*

4. What is the best part about the writing process for you?
Ben- When the story almost becomes real. And the feeling of accomplishment when you hit a writing goal! 

Boots- The actual writing. xD It's just so fun seeing how the plot unfolds. I always plot my stories before hand, but sometimes they get out of hand and add or remove some stuff. Definitely makes everything more interesting!! ^^

5. What is your MC (main character) most passionate about? 
Ben- Moving to the West and living off the land.

Boots- Ehhmm, well, Jasmine is super passionate about having and taking care of her family. Catherine is probably pretty close to the same. They're both also hoping they're passionate about the Lord. So yeah, the basics. :)

6. What character do you (the writer) have the least in common with? 
Ben- Hmm, I'm not really sure! It seems like I have a little bit in common with most of my characters because I made them up, lol! 

Boots- Probably Thomas. Or one of the outlaws. (No spoilers here)

7. What five words would you use to describe your book? 
Ben- Faith. Family. Western. Adventure. Dreams.

Boots- *Blink blink* Okay, so this is going to be hard. Ummm...western (well duh), action, Christian, emotional, adventurous. Hopefully that's accurate.

8. What is the goal word count that you have set for your story?
Ben- Overall, I'd like my book to be full-length novel sized. So in my mind, I like a book that's about 90,000 words. But obviously, I have no idea if that's going to work out or not...

Boots- I'm hoping for 70 to 80k words. 

9. What is your wildest dream for your writing journey? 
Ben- To have my book(s) indie published!!! And it would be nice if people would enjoy reading them and gain a blessing from them. *winks* 

Boots- Ummm...I really have this huge dream to impact, inspire, teach, mentor...(all those crazies) girls. I feel like it's my calling. I don't know, I just want to support girls. 

10. What do you love about writing Historical Fiction? 
Ben- I love writing Historical Fiction because I like reading Historical Fiction! I like the simplicity and the western feel that most Historical Fiction books have. 

Boots- EVERYTHING!! I'm in love with history. Besides Bible and Literature and Composition, history is my favorite subject!! ^^

~~~ 


Now for some aesthetics and/or quotes! I made the first three graphics for Dakota's Dream using Canva and I must say, they were really fun to make! 




Psalm 31:25 NLT 
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."


Hebrews 11:6 NIV 
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him."


Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV 
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you."

~~~ 
Now for a few of Boot's aesthetics for her book...!


^^ Nothing like a cliff hanger! Now I need to know what happens! 


^^ I LOVE this aesthetic! <3 


^^ More suspense! :)

Note: For more aesthetics for Dakota's Dream, check out my Pinterest board for Dakotas Dream by clicking HERE! Also, check out the aesthetic post I did for the Shared WIP Tag HERE

And go HERE to read more about Death Valley and see more aesthetics! 

Now, if you haven't read the rules for this tag yet, head over to Boot's blog, Lilly Cat. Also, check out the other half of this tag and my answers to her questions over at her blog! Boots is fairly new to the blogosphere, so head on over and give her a follow! <3 

So, it's my turn to tag two lucky bloggers! We would love to see others enjoying this tag, but don't feel obligated if it's something you aren't interested in... 

The two girls I am tagging is Rebekah and Liberty! (Who both have new WIPs they are working on! *high fives*)

Tell me about your WIP (work-in-progress)! Do you like writing Historic Fiction? 
Which was your favorite aesthetic? Have you seen Boot's (Lilly's) blog yet? What is your favorite Tag you have seen around the Blogosphere? Do you like finding new tags to post on your blog? Talk to me in the comments! I'd love to hear your thoughts! 




20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, girl. You've tagged me?! *laughs* It looks like fun, but let's see if I can figure exactly how to do it. *laughs*
    One question; do I have to do it with Rebekah? Like you did with Lilly Cat? Oops! That was two questions! *giggles* Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liberty!!

      I'm so glad Ben tagged you!! ^^

      As to your question, no, you do not have to do it with Rebekah. You chose your own partner to do it with. If you want, visit my blog to read the rules. If you have any more questions after that, feel free to email me through my contact page!! ;)

      ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. Ok. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    3. Hey Liberty! I'm glad this tag looks fun to you! Let us know if you have any more questions! <33

      Delete
  2. Both these books look super interesting!! I can't wait till you finish😄😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeee, this was fun fun to do!!! Thanks for collabing with me, Ben!! <3

    And gosh, your book sounds SO sweet!!! I can't wait until the time you have it ready to share with the world!!

    And can I just say, your aesthetics are the best things since sliced bread!!!

    <3 <3 Keep being awesome, my friend!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! This was such a good idea of yours!

      Aw, thanks! Ditto! <3

      Wow, thank you! xx I love yours too!

      <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. *happy dances* I really can't wait for this Brooklyne! It's kinda like a really nice form of torture. 😂
    I haven't read many western books because I don't really know of Christian ones. This will be so good. Anyway enough of my ramblings. The moral is I am excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It is exciting! But I'm also nervous, I don't want to get y'alls hopes up, because it might take me a while to write! ;)
      But I'm so glad your excited! <33

      Delete
  5. Neat post, Brooklyne! That's so great you helped create your own tag! (By the way, I LOVE your top picture! It's so beautiful!)

    Speaking of tags...I tagged you for the Sunshine Award the other day!
    Here's the link:
    https://litaflame.blog/2019/07/12/awards-life-tales-and-inspirational-quotes-aka-how-to-avoid-answering-questions-whilst-still-answering-them/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to plan! (Aw, THANKS!)

      Cool! I will go check it out right now! Thanks for tagging me! <3

      Delete
  6. Wow such a cool tag! I love Historical fiction too! A lot of my books are kind of historical fiction. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun to read! I enjoyed hearing more about your WIP, Brooklyne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I can't wait to do this! It looks like a blast. :D Thanks for tagging me, Brooklyne! <3
    I loved reading more about your WIP! =)

    ReplyDelete