Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Only in You, LORD // A Poem



Only in You, LORD 
Written by Brooklyne


Though mountains shake
And rivers rage
I will not break
I’ve found courage
Only in You, LORD

I cannot conquer
I cannot succeed 
I cannot become stronger
I cannot be freed 
Without you, LORD

Though nights are tough
Peace is rare among worries 
Facades harder to bluff
I can rise above the flurries 
Only in You, LORD

I cannot survive 
I cannot bond 
I cannot thrive
I cannot go on
Without You, LORD

Though I sink and slide
The slippery slope
Where darkness will hide
I place my hope
Only in You, LORD

I cannot grow
I cannot fly
I cannot bestow
I cannot try
Without You, LORD

Though I am weak
You are teaching me
To ask and seek
To knock and believe 
Only in You, LORD

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Have you been going though a time in your life where you need to rely on God's strength to get you through? If so, know I am praying for you! I hope this poem was able to encourage you today! 





8 comments:

  1. Those words are so true.
    I have been going through a hard time. And this poem was such a good reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think this poem could be made into a song. :) It's a great poem! <3

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've actually thought about turning some of poems into songs!
      I'm glad you like it!! <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks I needed this!

    oneredeemedbylovethroughChrist.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete