Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Fire That Cannot Burn // A Poem


Good afternoon, lovelies! I wrote this poem for a contest a while back, but thought I'd share it today.

A Fire That Cannot Burn
Written by Brooklyne 

Rejoice still
Though hardships engulf 
As a searing flame
She will not let that stop her 
For no one can take away
Her joyful noise 
Shine on, friend!

Rejoice still
Though sorrows cloud
As a thick smoke
She will not let that hold her back
For no one can halt
Her song of praise
Shine on, friend! 

Rejoice still 
Though pain scorches 
As the heat of a furnace 
She will not let that hinder her light 
For no one can ever pause 
Her sweet melody
Shine on, friend!

Rejoice still
Though depression threatens to overtake
As a lit match not yet smoldered
She will not let that consume her joy 
For no one can put to an end 
Her contagious song
Shine on, friend! 

Rejoice still
Though lies flicker 
As a uncontrollable spark
She will not let that make her give up
For no one can discourage 
Her shout of victory 
Shine on, friend

Rejoice still
Though dusty ashes remain
As a silent reminder
She will not let that scare her off
For no one 
Can stop her now
Shine on, friend! 

James 1:2-4
"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 

Exodus 3:2
"And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed."

Let this poem serve as a reminder that fires can either burn us or refine us. Let us choose to shine on, despite the difficulties we face. 


<<<Thoughts on this poem? Let me hear them in the comments below! >>> 

P.S. If you haven't made a assumption about me yet, head over to this post and assume something because I'm going to do a "Answering Assumptions" post soon!!! 







11 comments:

  1. Love this poem, Brooklyne! Thanks for sharing! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, I tagged you for the Top Ten Songs Tag! :) https://qadash70.blogspot.com/2019/07/top-ten-songs-tag.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! I can't wait to do it!

      Delete
  2. Hey, this is great!! (Trying to get back to commenting on blog posts regularly again...I do read them, but I can't always comment due to my phone problems...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julian! <33 (Ah, don't you hate phone/computer problems!?! They are the worst!)

      Delete
  3. I love that second bible verse! Great reminder! Also could you pray for my horse Rhubarb. He hurt himself and I need him all better by fair. Thanks!


    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks for reading, Rakayle! Oh no! I will definitely be praying for Rhubarb... I hope he gets better by the fair! <3

      Delete
  4. It has a beautifully well done tone to it. You are a very talented poet. It had a smooth but passion filled mood as i read it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete