Monday, July 29, 2019

Answering Assumptions



In this post, I am going to be either proving you right or proving you wrong! Last Monday, I asked for y'all to try your hand at assuming some things about me. And you did! Now, lets see how well you know me! Prepare yourself for a super long post...

Also, I will be answering each of these with either Yes, No, or Sometimes... then give a little exclamation.


~YOUR ASSUMPTIONS~

Number One: Your favorite color is red or yellow.


My Answer: Sometimes

As some of you might think, red and yellow which are the color scheme of my blog, are my favorite colors. Although this is a good assumption (and a very observant one) it is not completely true. Yes, I love a cheery yellow color, and I also love red because it's our farm color. But... they are not my favorite color. In fact, I have no clue how the color scheme for Showers of Blessings happened. It just did! 

Number Two: You've always been a bit of a tomboy.


My Answer: Sometimes 

Well, my answer is yes and no on this one... Why? Um, well because yes, I can be a tomboy. I like adventures, don't mind getting dirty, not afraid of hard work, and don't care for girly girl types of things. But I'm also not afraid to paint my nails, fix my hair, and dress nicely now and again. (But make up it a no no. I just don't get into it... I can do a little lipstick and blush is nice, but all the other eye stuff I can't stand still for!) And, I will admit, I am kinda scared of doing daredevil stunts.

Number Three: Summer is your favorite season.


My Answer: No

Ok, so I like some things about summer. But I prefer spring or fall because they're not extremes. Summer is nice and I do enjoy it, but it gets crazy hot and my family likes to joke that I'm allergic to the sun... aka I get sunburns really easy! So, as much as Summer is a great season (and I like it better than Winter) it's not my favorite season.

Number Four: Historical fiction/non-fiction is your favorite genre of books and movies.



My Answer: Sometimes 

I love reading Historical fiction! And it is one of my favorite genres of books! But, I also like Christian contemporary, western fiction, funnier kids books (don't know what genre they would be considered...) and some non-fiction. So, technically my answer is yes, but I don't have just one favorite... (because as we have already discovered, I can't choose favorites!)

As for movies, I really don't know what genre I like! To be honest, I haven't given it much thought, I either dislike or like a movie. I really enjoy series though... 

Number Five: You're a pretty organized person.



My Answer: Yes

I'm glad you added "pretty" in the assumption! Yes, I am a fairly organized person. I love feeling organized, but I'm kind of weird about it. In other words, I'm organized in the things I do, but my organization skills fail to do their job when it comes to keeping my room clean and bathroom picked up... Just ask my sister.

So, yes, I'm fairly organized! 

Number Six: You write every day.


My Answer: Sometimes

I write most everyday. I usually don't write on the weekends, and somedays get to busy. But I try to write everyday...

Number Seven: You want to homeschool your own kids one day.


My Answer: Yes

If I ever get married and have kids one day, I definitely want to homeschool them!

Number Eight: Your favorite color is red or blue.

My Answer: Yes

Yes to blue! My favorite color has always been blue! Ever since I was three years old. I love sky blue! 

Number Nine: You love horses

My Answer: Yes!!! 

Yes, yes, and YES!!! I will always love horses! 

Number Ten: You'd rather live in the country than in the city

My Answer: Yes

Absolutely! I love country living! I don't think I would last a week if I had to live in a big city...

Number Eleven: You love adventures but dislike change

My Answer: Yes

Um, yes! Girl, you are spot on with this assumption! I'm always up for a good adventure, but change drives me crazy! 

Number Twelve: You love frozen hot chocolate drinks

My Answer: YES!

Yes! I love FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINKS! You know me so well! *winks*

Number Thirteen: You like reading Louis L'Amour

My Answer: Sometimes

So, I really like westerns and Louis L'Amours books are really awesome... But sometimes they aren't my favorite. I really like Ride the River because it was about a girl, and most of his books don't have woman MCs. (Most of the girls are damsels in distress....*rolls eyes*) And, I like the Sackett brothers pretty well. So, my answer is sometimes because it depends on the storyline, characters, etc.

Number Fourteen: Horses are your favorite animals

My Answer: Yes

Horses and dogs are my favorite animals! <3 

Number Fifteen: You don't eat meat

My Answer: Yes

That is correct, I am a vegetarian.


Number Sixteen: You are the second to the oldest

My Answer: Yes

Yup! I'm the middle child! 

Number Seventeen: Your favorite breed of horse is Morgans

My Answer: Yes

So I am slightly biased because Rosie is a Morgan horse, but yes, Morgans are my favorite breed of horse! Some other favorites are Arabians, Quarter Horses, and Mustangs. 

Number Eighteen: You would rather be outside than inside

My Answer: Sometimes

I would rather be outside, yes. But it really depends on the weather or if I need to get some stuff done in the house. 

Number Nineteen: You love drawing, painting, and designing

My Answer: Yes

Drawing, painting, and designing are some of my favorite hobbies! And hopefully, design will someday be apart of my career...

Number Twenty: You LOVE Frozen Hot Chocolate Drinks

My Answer: YES!

Y'all know me so well! Yes, I'm obsessed with these! 

Number Twenty-one: You like eating healthy

My Answer: Yes

I love eating healthy, but it's hard to keep it up. I try, though! 

Number Twenty-two: You like writing poetry

My Answer: Yes-ish 

Yes, I like writing poetry! And the "ish" about it is I don't care for reading poetry, in fact, I really have no idea why poems come to me. 

I like writing non-fiction, fiction, poems, long emails or texts, and blog posts! So basically anything! 


Number Twenty-three: You enjoy blogging -- a lot XD

My Answer: Yes

I am SO glad I decided to start Showers of Blessings! Blogging is one of my favorite things now! 

Number Twenty-four: You prefer Western over English and bareback over Western :)

My Answer: Yes

I like riding in a western saddle over a English saddle (although I learned to ride with a English saddle...) But, I also love our treeless endurance saddle too! And bareback is always fun!

Number Twenty-five: Red is your fave color

My Answer: Sometimes

My favorite color is blue, although red is one of my favorites!

Number Twenty-six: Probably wear flannel and denim more than anything else

My Answer: Sometimes

Definitely in the winter!!

Number Twenty-seven: You like drawing

My Answer: Yes

I love drawing!

Number Twenty-eight: You like to cook

My Answer: Yes

Cooking and baking is a lot of fun! And I love seasoning things... I'm kind of known for that in my house.


Number Twenty-nine: Your the dare devil of your family

My Answer: No

Nope, as much as I'm intrigued by the dare devils, I'm not one of them... Although when I was younger, I was probably more so a dare devil. 

Number Thirty: You prefer baking to cooking

My Answer: Sometimes

I probably cook more than I bake. But in certain seasons, like fall and winter, I love to bake more!

Number Thirty-one: In the summertime you’d rather go barefoot

My Answer: No

As much as I like the romanticized idea of going barefoot in the summer, I like wearing shoes. My feet are too sissy I guess! (You should see me try to walk on our gravel driveway barefoot! It can get comical...)

Number Thirty-two: You love animals

My Answer: Yes!

I love all animals! I'm just one of those people!

Number Thirty-three: You’ve yet to read all the Circle C Milestones

My Answer: Yes

Your right, much to my dismay, I have not read all the Circle C Milestone books... I have read Thick as Thieves, but non of the others. I want too read them, but at the same time, I don't want Taffy to die!  All the Circle C fans will understand my anguish... right?

Number Thirty-four: While making food you’d rather improvise then follow the recipe exactly

My Answer: Yes

So, um, yes. I think recipes are great, but I also like to let my creative side shine while I cook, so oftentimes that means breaking a few of the recipe guidelines... what can I say!

Number Thirty-five: If you were to travel out of the USA you’d probably choose to go to Europe

My Answer: No

I've never thought about going to Europe before... But that probably wouldn't be the place I'd travel outside of the US.


So how well do my readers know me? Score out of 35 assumptions: 9 Sometimes, 22 Yes, and 4 No! So, I'd say ya'll know me very well! Great job everyone! Thanks so much for assuming some things about me, this post was super fun to put together! 

Did any of these assumption answers surprise you? Out of all of the yes answers, which one didn't surprise you the most? Did you like this style of post? What is one way you are enjoying your summer? Comment below! 









19 comments:

  1. I loved this post idea! (maybe I'll steal it)
    You've never read all the Circle C Milestones?! *gasps* I love the two last ones. You really need to read them. It is sad that Taffy dies, but you'll get over it. *laughs* The last two are my favorite because... psst, Riley comes back. *laughs* So yeah, you got to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's fun! (You should!)
      Ohh, I know... I think I will read the rest of the series soon! *winks*

      Thanks for being the first to comment! <3

      Delete
    2. I might do that then! *winks*

      You're welcome!! <3

      Delete
  2. Wow, fantastic idea for a post! I really liked it :) I love animals too - especially dogs and horses. When I was younger I used to ride a horse and I loved that! I'm the first time on your blog and this is the first post from you I read and I'm glad I could learn something about you at the first visit, haha! :D
    -Ann
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to put together! I know, when I saw some others posting assumptions, I thought I'd give it a try! I'm glad I did! ;)
      Dogs and horses are the best! Dogs are so sweet and loveable, and horses are awesome teachers! <3
      I'm so glad you stopped by, Ann! Welcome to Showers of Blessings! Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. This was a fun post!! Sorry I didn't give any assumptions; I couldn't think of any at the time😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the part about not being a girly-girl or tomboy. I can relate to that-I like wearing dresses, but NO to makeup. :-) And I also don't like change. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know, I think a little makeup looks nice, but I don't like putting it on! It kinda grosses me out... *shrugs* ;)
      And change is so hard, but it's apart of life I suppose. XD

      Delete
    2. I am doing a similar post, only it's assumptions about small families. xD

      Delete
  5. Interesting post! I like Quarter horses, but that is because I have only had them. :)
    I can last a week in the city... or month, but not forever. I love the country! ;)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! QH are the best!

      Yes, I love living in the country too! <3

      Delete
  6. This post was so fun! I loved seeing what assumptions were right and seeing how well I know you. ;)
    Haha, I wasn’t actually sure if you’d want to go to Europe, but decided to say that anyways. ;) If I were to travel out of the USA that’s where I’d go. ;)
    You really, truly should finish the Circle C Milestone series, Brooklyne! They are so good!!
    I prefer the country to the city too. Although I don’t know why I want to go to all these big cities. ;) I think it’s fun to visit and see different big cities, but I definitely wouldn’t want to live there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved hearing everyone's assumptions too! And it was a fun post to write!
      Haha, I don't know much about Europe... but that's cool that you want to travel there!
      I know, I know! I should... I will soon!
      Yes me too! Cities are ok to visit for a vacation, but I much prefer wide open spaces! ;)

      Delete
  7. Seems like I know you pretty well! *winks* Looks like we also have similar taste in favorite horse breeds! (Although I like them all!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! *wink wink*
      Morgans are awesome! <3
      (Me too! XD)

      Delete
  8. How did I miss this post? Well, I'm here now anyway. :P This was a fun idea, and I enjoyed reading your answers and learning a little more about you! I'm the same way with the "pretty" organized thing. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too late to comment! I'm glad you liked reading this! It was fun to write up! ;)

      Delete