Wednesday, July 3, 2019

I Will Lift My Eyes // A Poem



I Will Lift My Eyes
Written by Brooklyne 

I will lift my eyes 
To the hills 
From whence comes my help?
My help comes
From the Lord 
Who made heaven and earth. 

I will lift my eyes 
To the One
Who is sovereignty 
For God has 
Supreme power
And shows loving kindness 

I will lift my eyes
To the heights 
For if God is for me
Who shall be 
Against me?
God has already won

I will lift my eyes
To Jesus 
The lamb of God who
Undeservingly  
Was slain for me 
A selfless sacrifice 

I will lift my eyes 
To my Savior 
Who rescues and saves
The weak, frail 
And weary 
He’s my anchor in the storm 

I will life my eyes 
From the waves 
And the wind so fierce 
For greater Hands 
Hold me than 
That which is in the world 

I will life my eyes 
To the Lord 
My Heavenly Father
Prince of Piece 
Deliverer 

From whence comes my help!

Psalm 121:1,2 NKJV
"I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help? 
My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

Sometimes I forget to "lift my eyes" to Jesus from all my worries and troubles. It's easy to get so absorbed in life happenings to forget to look up and know that God has already won the victory! This poem is to serve as a reminder to keep our eyes on Jesus amidst the storms in our life, He will never let you down. 


This poem reminded me of this song ^^ and I thought I would included it in today's post!  

What did you think of this poem? Was there a verse that stood out to you in some way? Have you heard the song "Look Up Child" by Lauren Daigle before? What are some ways that we can focus on Jesus more, and our worries less? I'll see you in the comments below! 
~~~ 
(P.S. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TOMORROW! 
Check out last years Forth of July post HERE! And if you want, bake that cake I shared the recipe for... it's worth it, trust me! *winks*)


12 comments:

  1. I love the poem! :-) Happy early Fourth of July!!🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Yes, and happy early Forth of July to you!! Do you have any fun Fourth of July plans? :)

      Delete
    2. Besides swim practice in the morning, I don't have anything planned:-) We might go to a outdoor concert and see fireworks the day after though.😀

      Delete
    3. Oh, swim practice sounds like fun! And music with fireworks is a great way to celebrate Forth of July!! *confetti*

      Delete
  2. Hope you've been having a good month, Brooklyne. <3
    Jesus will always be there for you, no matter what. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been! I'm excited to watch fireworks! *grins* I hope your month is going good too! <3
      Thank you for that reminder, Liberty! It's so true! <3

      Delete
  3. Nice poem! I really like the post header too! Have a great 4th of July!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Brooklyne! Happy 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly! I hope you have a great 4th of July!! <3

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, this poem is so amazingly calming!! It's gorgeous, Ben!!

    Verse five really stood out to me, especially because of all my health struggles.

    Yes, I've heard the song! It's really good! :)

    Also, praying and just setting a time each day you spend time with Him seems to help, for me anyway. And just, when you're by yourself, talk to Him about WHATEVER! It really works!!

    Happy late fourth to you, too!!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked reading this poem, Boots! Your comments always make me want to continue writing these poems. <3

      I like that verse too! I'm glad you can relate.

      It's a really good song!!!

      Yes! That's such a good way to connect and reflect! Because when we are close to Him, our worrries become farther away! <3

      Happy late Forth of July to you as well! ;)

      Delete