Monday, May 4, 2020

Mr. Rogers & I Still Believe


Soooo, today I'm posting something I've never posted before! Two movie reviews of sorts! Basically, I'm going to be sharing some of my thoughts regarding the movies A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood & I Still Believe. These are two movies that made me think a lot.

~A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood~ 

PG
My star rating: 3 stars

Link to Common Sense Media: HERE.

My thoughts: 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood was really good! It felt super long (108 min.) but it had a really good message to it. There were themes of forgiveness. It wasn't my favorite movie by any means, but what I learned from watching it stuck with me enough to write this review.

Lessons to learn: 
Mr Roger's demonstrated how to be present in the here and now. He was really good at living in the present. For instance, he was talking on the phone and said something to the effect of "the most important thing in the world right now is talking on the phone to you." (That's not a direct quote, but you get the point) He was genuinely interested in learning about the person in front of him. And that stood out to me. Another thing that I thought was cool, was he walked into a room full of people and the first thing he did was walk over to the baby in the room and start talking to the baby. A lot of people would just overlook the kids in the room, but not Mr Rogers. Those two things made me ponder...


~I Still Believe~ 

PG
My rating: 2 1/2 stars

Link to Common Sense Media: HERE.

My thoughts: 
Oh my goodness, how sad! Guys, do not watch this is you are feeling emotional or are sensitive to heartbreaking true stories. I don't cry much on movies at all, but this one had me tearing up. I'm glad I watched this movie, but would never need to watch it again. One time is enough for sure. It's so real. It's been a couple months, and I'm still processing my thoughts and emotions on this movie! The message was powerful, but so heartbreaking. Just wow.
That song is amazing!

There was some things I didn't like how they handled it, but overall, the movie and acting was done well. I gave this movie lower star ratings because of a couple reasons, but one would be just the fact that it was a emotional roller coaster. They crammed so many years of events in this persons life into a one or two hours, as good as it was, it was so draining. I'm not used to movies like that.

Lessons to learn: 
Cherish those in your life. Love people. Don't wait. Believe even when it's hard to believe. Live the purpose God has designed for you to live.


Have you watched any of these movies? What was your take away? Comment below! Also note, I'll be posting twice a week again for the month of May.

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse

13 comments:

  1. oh I watched I Still Believe, and I have the same thoughts as you do. very action filled and definitely not my favorite.
    We were planning on watching the Tom Hanks one too!! it sounds interesting! I loved reading your thoughts on both of these --- its always nice to read someone else's opinion ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes. It was really sweet, but very heartbreaking. I’m glad I watched it, but probably won’t need to see it again. ;)
      You should! It’s got a great message. <3

      Delete
  2. Both movies sound really interesting:D I've heard a lot about I Still Believe...I'll have to watch it sometime:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents, big brother, and I watched "I Still Believe" last month. :) I agree, it was soooo sad, but there were parts in it that had us laughing, too. Have you seen the movie "I Can Only Imagine"? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely some supper sweet moments in I Still Believe! They were so cute together! ;)
      I have! It’s a pretty good one too. <3 Love the songs!

      Delete
  4. Oh, me and my sister have been wanting to watch both of these! We'll have to sometime. *inserts thinking emoji*
    I've heard that "I Still Believe" is really sad, but I still want to watch it. Just like I wanted to watch "I Can Only Imagine" *winks*
    This was a fun post, Brooklyne!! <3 I'd love to see more of them! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And if you do, I’d love to hear your thoughts on them! :)
      Yeah, sometimes sad movies can give us great perspective on life... but then again, sometimes you just need a happy ending. <3
      Thanks! I’ll have to do more like this!

      Delete
    2. Ok! I'll let you know!
      Yeah, I totally agree with you. <3

      Delete
  5. I've watched A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and my folks liked it, and even teared up at some parts, but I thought it was a teensy bit draining. Your review is what I'd say, too! I'd probably bawl my eyes out if I watched I Still Believe! *laughing*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It was good, but not my most favorite movie...
      Haha, you probably would! <3

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed hearing your thoughts on these movies, Brooklyne!
    I liked I Still Believe, even though it was SO sad!!!
    I still need to watch A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for reading! I’ll have to do move movie spotlights...
      Yes!!!
      You should! You’ll have to lmk what you think of it. <3

      Delete