Wednesday, June 17, 2020

10 Fun Summer Activities // Guest Post


Good morning all! Today, I am super excited to share a guest post from one of my sweet friends and dedicated blog readers, Patience!

Need something fun to do this summer? Look no further, because Patience has made an awesome list of activities to do!

**All the pictures are from Pinterest except the sunset one. (That was taken by Patience herself!)

1. Go Swimming
Whether you have a community pool, your own backyard pool, or a beach, swimming is my number one favorite activity to do in the summer!🏊🏻 It's a good way to cool down on a hot day.☀️



2. Go for a Bike Ride
Bike rides can be a lot of fun and relaxing. I like biking around different neighborhoods with my family🚴



^^ This is such a pretty picture!

3. Make Lemonade
This is the perfect drink on a hot day! And it's not too difficult to make🍋



4. Go for a Hike
Find a nice trail or park in your area, and go for a hike with your family or some friends😀




5. Make Something
You can either try out a new craft, knit something, or write a letter to a friend.📝  Be creative!




6. Read a Book
Find a shady area, and you could even read outside📚



7. Try a New Hairstyle 
It might take some practice, but it's  fun to find a new style you like!


8. Have a Barbecue/Picnic
Get together with family or friends and have a barbecue or picnic! And if you have a fire, you could even make s'mores😋


^^ Yum!!


9. Watch the Sunset
All the different colors are so pretty and it's so much fun to watch!


10. Go on a Road Trip 
Road trips are one of my favorite things to do.😊 Even if it's not far, going somewhere with my family is always special!❤️


Thank you so much for guest posting on Showers of Blessings, Patience!!! I LOVE your list... and now I'm craving s'mores! *winks*

What was your favorite thing on this list? On a scale of 1-10, how burnt do you like your marshmallows? When's the last time you went swimming? Comment below! 

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse



30 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me do a post for you!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like so much fun! I like my marshmallows black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so too! :) Yum, though I’m probably more a 5 or 6 myself. XD

      Delete
  3. That is so fun. Guess what I'm doing? Trying to stay happy when it has rained a week. (been very depressing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well, I hope this post gave you a couple fun activity ideas! There’s a couple on the list that you could do indoors. ;)

      Delete
  4. I loved reading this!!
    Oooh, on a scale of 1-10 I like my marshmallows about.... 5? When I was a kid I ate them at like at a 10, but not anymore. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!
      Lol, yes. I like mine like that too. *winks*

      Delete
    2. That's how I like my marshmallows too! :P

      Delete
  5. on a scale of one to ten i like my marshmallows a BIG ten!!! XP
    thanks for the awesome post Patience i have some ideas now on what to do!!!!

    ~Jacie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy! All this talk of s’mores, now I’m craving them! *passes out graham crackers and chocolate*

      Delete
    2. You're welcome Jacie! :) It was fun making the list <3

      Delete
  6. I love this post! All the pictures are so pretty!
    Me and my dad like our marshmallows 10🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I thought the pictures she chose were so fitting and aesthetic! <3

      Delete
    2. Thank you! <3 They were fun to find :D

      Delete
  7. Also- I know you do NaNo so you might be interested on my latest blog post at: sundropgirls.blogspot.com
    It is like NaNo but only for Christian women/teens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’ve been praying about joining up, I think I will! ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh fun! Thank you Patience and Brooklyne!
    My favorite thing(s) to do on the list are swimming and road trips. Oh so fun!
    I like my marshmallows like this (not my picture) so a 7 or 8? https://external-preview.redd.it/pyGXiKYp0xDFEPMSdNPJIe2VCiSaWlI_HxUc56JoWK0.jpg?auto=webp&s=dad3ee82594955a328939e930cb5810b86d39d2f
    Swimming...last summer, but yesterday at Youth Group we played water games, and I got dumped on with a bucketful of water...so refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the link doesn't work. So a very, very golden brown. Like the color of the background of your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for reading, Leah! Ah, road trips are the best! And swimming is really fun too! Gotcha! So not too burnt but “just right!” XD

      Delete
    3. Swimming and road trips are 2 of my favorite activities on the list too! :D

      Delete
  9. Fun ideas, Patience! It's winter here in Australia; but a lot of these ideas we could still do anyway. Swimming is so much fun - I think the last time I went was around 3 weeks ago with my best friend. It was icy cold *shivers*... ;D

    I (currently) like my marshmallows around an 9 - charred and black on the outside but gooey on the inside. *smacks lips*

    ~ Jemima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrrr! Sounds cold to swim in the winter! ;)

      Delete
    2. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to swim during the winter😂 :)

      Delete
  10. Fun post! I love road trips and swimming! And I like my marshmallows golden brown although I don't really have the patience to get them to that so usually they are black XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Same here! Haha, it definitely takes skill to get marshmallows just right! <3

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing, Patience! :D Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list. Picnics are so fun!!!
    On burnt marshmallows my number would be a 1. Not very much.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!
      I should try a marshmallow at 1 :D It probably goes faster ;)

      Delete