Monday, May 18, 2020

Never Say Goodbye // Author Interview



Good morning, readers! 

Today I am participating in a blog book tour featuring a lovely book that I had the privilege of beta reading. This book is such a sweet read and I'm excited to help spread the word about it! If you haven't read Never Say Goodbye yet, you definitely should get your hands on a copy!

 (Keep scrolling to read my book review!)

Author Bio:

Sarah Grace Grzy is a voracious reader, and if it weren’t for this crazy thing called 'Life,' she’d be tempted to spend all her days in front of a wood stove, book in one hand, coffee mug in the other. A lover of learning, she finds enjoyment in many things and has more hobbies than she knows what to do with. Sarah Grace is a freelance web and graphic designer, and when not working, spending time with her ever-growing family, or reading, she can be found painting, playing the piano, or fangirling with her sisters and friends. Sarah Grace inhabits the State of Great Lakes, and wouldn’t want to live anywhere else—unless it meant she could have a baby penguin, in which case, she’d gladly move to the South Pole.



Book Synopsis: 

They say time heals all wounds. But he was finding it a poor painkiller.

Tyler Collens has seen grief and loss in his years of experience as a paramedic—but he never expected it to touch his life in such a personal way. The death of his wife eighteen months ago shook his steady world and changed him in more ways than he can count. Time and routine have steadied his feet, and he looks toward the future as he raises his infant daughter—but the past has a tighter grip on him than he knows.

Alyvia Emmerson has never been certain of who she is or where she belongs. Her dad’s abandonment as a teen broke a fragile piece of her heart, but ten years later, she has moved on. Living on her own, she at last has a project to devote herself to: revitalizing a shabby bookstore. But she didn’t count on her dream job revealing the shattered pieces of herself she thought mended long ago.

In this sophomore novel featuring beloved characters from Live Without You, Sarah Grace Grzy explores themes of grief, hope, and second chances in a story that touches both the heart and spirit.



~~

Author Interview: 

1. What was your favorite thing about writing NSG? (The writing process, formatting, design, advertising, etc!) 

I'm not sure! Every part has its challenges, joys, and struggles. The whole project is a process that I both struggle with and enjoy. If I had to pick a favorite, I think it would either be writing the first draft or the cover design. Even if it was a major struggle at times, writing the first draft is a very special process to me. Also, graphic design is very close to my heart, so designing the cover was a ton of fun for me! I love getting to design my own cover.

2. What is the message you would like your readers to get after reading your book?

One word: Hope. It is my prayer that this story will bring even just a tiny bit of hope to whatever circumstances my readers are going through at the time. We all have something we're going through. I've realized that more and more in these challenging times. So I pray that in the midst of whatever it is that's on your mind and heart, Never Say Goodbye will bring a bit of hope and encouragement to you.

3. Who is your favorite character, and why do they stand out to you? 

Hmm, that's a hard one, as all my characters feel so close to me! I think I would have to say Tyler Collens, though. This sweet dude has been close to my heart since my first book, Live Without You. He almost feels like a close friend or brother. Another character who touched my heart but has less of a storyline is a little girl named Lilah. I'm not even sure how she entered the story, but she touched my heart!


4. What was the best part of designing the cover and what was the most challenging part? 

Oh, man. Designing the cover was a process. I think I enjoyed getting to experiment with new skills and learn new techniques to achieve the look I wanted. And the most challenging part would be just that: getting the look and design I wanted! I went through so many revisions, and even had some others design a version of it for me to give me some new perspective. (Brooklyne, your version is still my favorite of the other drafts! I loved it so much.)

5. What is a word of advice to pass on to new self-published authors? 

I talked about this on my Instagram a while back, and realized this is one of the most important words of advice I would want to give someone. Trust your writing journey into God's hands . . . completely, 100%. I think that was the one most important decision I made when I first started writing, giving it to Him and asking Him to lead and guide me. I think it will blow your mind what He will do with a surrendered heart and pen. He certainly has mine!

6. Target audience?

I think Never Say Goodbye would be enjoyed by a wide audience. If you love stories with realistic characters, raw authenticity, and deep themes, I think you would enjoy Never Say Goodbye!

7. How has God used this story in your own life?  

I love this question, because He certainly does use my stories in my own heart and life! As I was writing Never Say Goodbye, I was finding myself discouraged and disheartened by my life's circumstances at the time. I felt like my dreams had been stripped away from me, and while I didn't like where I was, I didn't know where I would rather be. All my plans and hopes seemed so empty, all of a sudden. Then the themes of hope in Never Say Goodbye were starting to speak to my heart, and the things God was speaking to me on hoping and dreaming started filtering into the story.

Thanks so much, Brooklyne! It's been a pleasure. :)

And thank you, SG, for writing such a great book!

~~~



My book review of Never Say Goodbye:

"5 (4.5) Stars. ✭✭✭✭✯

To say I enjoyed Never Say Goodbye would be a understatement. The characters, the setting, and the message throughout this book was amazing! I was privileged for the opportunity to beta read Never Say Goodbye, and I look forward to future books by Sarah Grace Grzy. Can we all take a moment to admire that stunning cover?! *heart eyes*

I really liked the relationship that Ty had with his little daughter, though he was very overprotective at times and that sometimes clouded his judgment. Alyvia was such a neat character! I loved that she loved books as much as I do. Their love story was portrayed nicely and was very clean.

I also really liked how the characters from Live Without You were side characters in this book, and it was nice to learn more about their story along the sidelines of Never Say Goodbye. I would definitely recommend this book to those who like stories with themes of love, forgiveness, and triumph over what life can throw in our direction.” 

~~~

Check out this awesome book trailer that Sarah Grace had made for her book HERE!

Add NSG to your Goodreads TBR pile HERE!

Find Sarah Grace on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest to learn more about her and her books!

Also, enter the giveaway HERE!


Have you read Live Without You yet? 
Did you enjoy this author interview? Comment below!

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse




12 comments:

  1. I really want to read NSG!! After reading the first book, I was excited for a sequel ;-)
    I enjoyed reading the author interview :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful cover!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice cover!
    This book sounds so good!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading the author interview!
    I can't wait to read Never Say Goodbye!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! <3
      You are going to really like it when you get a chance to read it!!

      Delete
  5. Awesome interview and review! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete