Monday, March 30, 2020

My March // Blog Update


March has been a whirlwind, ok more like a hurricane of events. But through it all, I know that God is making a way for us. And that promise is what I choose to cling to.

I'm trying out a new monthly wrap up style with some highlights and some things that filled my March, hope you like it!

~Wisdom teeth surgery~
I got my 3 wisdom teeth removed on March 2nd. Guys, I won't lie and tell you I was totally not scared, because I was terrified. Waiting in the waiting room was pretty much torture.
But, I did it y'all. I didn't pass out. I didn't run out. I didn't have a panic attack in public. I made it. And it was over fast. I wanna thank those of my online friends who encouraged me through this. Trust me, it helped a ton! Recovery was fairly smooth as well. Basically I survived off of mashed potatoes + crushed ice + smoothies for a few days. Watched lots of movies (Sue Thomas!!), and had my sisters do my animal chores! First two nights were pretty rough, but by day seven my stitches had come out. Thankfully, I didn't need any big pain killers. I'm just glad I'm on the other side of it all...

~Soap making~
We made soap a lot this month! A total of 6 batches (I think?) I completed a huge order that is now curing for it's 4-6 weeks. I love the soap making process! Making soap with my mom is so fun! And a little stressful if you realize halfway through that you don't have enough ingredients to finish... but hey, we made it work eventually. Cutting the soap the next day (we let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours so it doesn't overheat and scorch) is my favorite part! I get to be surprised at how the swirls and designs turned out!


~Beta reading~
I have another beta reading project! And why is this so cool? She reached out to me because I was recommended from my last beta reading gig! Word of mouth is so important and I'm just beaming to know that people find my beta reading to be helpful for them. Also, I find that beta reading helps me with my own writing. :)

~Nature walks~
Spring is here and I've been taking advantage of going outside more! I love nature walks, exploring the woods. I feel at home there. It takes me back to a time when we were younger and would traipse around up in the woods, playing games, playing shows, etc. Plus, I love finding the first blooms of spring to photograph.

~Walks~
We've been walking more since out gym is closed. We went 6 miles in 2 hours. That was our longest walk so far. Usually we only do 2 or 3 miles, or just down to the mailbox.


~Organizing~
I took this opportunity to do some organizing of our kitchen/pantry. idk why, but I kinda find it enjoyable.

~Going through family history antiques~
A spontaneous search through old antiques resulted in a walk down memory lane with nan and pop about family history. If you didn't know this about me, you know it now: I love antiques! I love thinking one the stories behind it all. The smell of old books, the pretty penmanship that is almost unreadable, the old coins and clocks, everything has a charm to it that I'm drawn to. And you'll never believe it, but on March 21st we found a old deed that was written on March 21st 1908!!! To the very date, on the very day, that was a little more than 100 years ago!





~Photo shoots~
So, since I have a couple projects underway, I needed my dearest lil sis to be my model. We had a lot of fun dressing her up and going outside to do a photoshoot! It was cool out, but I love photo shoots so didn't mind much.

~Texts~
Heres a couple that stood out to me... XD



 ^^ Sometimes I reply with pictures and those who know me know that this picture means "I'm doing really good because I'm looking through books!"


^^ When life is as crazy as my hair...



^^ Those emojis describe my emotions while watching that movie to a T! lol


~Bookmail~
I LOVE book mail! I was so excited to receive four books in the mail this month!

~Planting seedlings!~
Can't wait to have a full garden again!


~Building horse fencing~ 
Since my dads been off work for the most part, we decided to tackle the project of building horse fencing! As exhausting as it is, I kinda like the teamwork aspect of things. We pounded the posts in two full days, and then yesterday we put a little over half of the slats up (I ran the nail gun until I got a blister). Today, we'll finish it!

~I let my sister cut my hair!~
Sorry, not details yet. I'm going to be doing a blog post about it! Stay tuned for a cool video (if I can figure out how to upload one to the blog...)

~Goals for April~
I have a couple goals for April: survive Camp Nano, groom/ride Rosie, workout more consistently, and start gardening!

::Blog Update::
We haven't done a update in awhile. I have a few announcements and also I'm just checking in with y'all.

Since May 2019, I have posted twice a week. Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm pretty proud of myself for keeping it up, but unfortunately, I'm going to need to back down to just posting once a week again. Life has been keeping me on my toes and it's been hard to keep up with post ideas. I really want this blog to have quality posts. So, I've decided to post every Wednesday again.

Another thing I wanted to touch on is your input. What are some posts y'all would like to see? Do you have specific questions you've been wondering about me or my blog? Are you interested in more devotional style posts, more poems, more tags, more life updates, more about my small business, more about cover design, more about my writing, tutorials, day in the life posts, etc?

It's important to me to create blog content that my readers will find encouraging, helpful, and fun. So to help me customize it for y'all, comment with some post suggestions!

Lastly, I may be doing some blog changes to the layout, design, and "look" to Showers of Blessings, so if you notice things slowly looking different, then that's why.

What's up? Comment below!

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse

12 comments:

  1. You walked 6 miles?? I probably couldn't even walk 3😜 I have started running though. (Gotta keep the cardio up! ;)
    That's so interesting that you found a paper from more than a 100 YEARS ago! Antiques are really neat=)

    I'll miss seeing your 2 posts a week, but I understand that life can get busy:)
    I really like your life update posts, writing/book posts, tags, and posts about your business! Tutorials and what you do in a day also sound fun<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, and I was sore the next day! ;) Yes, cardio is so good for you!
      I know! I thought that was really neat to find!

      Aw, thanks! But yes, April is going to be super busy for me so it’s best to just post once a week... Thanks for your input! I’ll definitely do more of those posts! <3 I hope you’re having a good day, Patience. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Oh, sounds like a full month, Brooklyne!

    Post ideas huh? *thinks a moment* I'd love to see, day in the life posts, life updates, tutorials, tags, top ten posts, and photo shoots! That's what I love to read when I read peoples blogs. *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was! *wink wink*

      Hey, those are great ideas! I’ll definitely keep those in mind... <3

      Delete
  3. Do some book posts! I'm doing NaNo this year for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Your March sounded busy and fun. I saw your haircut on Instagram and it is so cute!!

    I would love to see posts about cover design and your writing. But what you're doing right now is still so enjoyable.

    ~Izzy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading about my month! <33

      Okay, great! I’ll definitely do more posts like that!

      Delete
  5. So glad you had a great month! Awesome wrap-up post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your wrap-up posts are always so fun!
    *laughs* Those texts. :D
    Book mail is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you like them! *hugs*
      Haha, yep! XD
      Totally!!

      Delete