Monday, March 9, 2020

Rise Up // Poem


"Rise Up"
By Brooklyne Elysse 

I admit defeat.
Closing my eyes, trying to block 
Block out the hurt
I sink to the cold floor
Shoulders slouched, hiding in my shell
A shell that didn't save me
From the harshness
Like I wish it had
Times like these
I feel so worthless, forgotten about
Small
Unnoticed 
Overlooked
But there You saw me
Small
Unnoticed 
Overlooked 
You saw me in a new light
Chosen 
Valued 
Important 
Cherished
You saw me when I was at my lowest point
And You told me to Rise Up
So I did, because what else was I to do?
I Lift my head and let Your amazing grace 
Fill my broken and shattered being
Melting the shame
Vanishing the fear
Healing the pain
You gave me the strength to Rise Up
And now, because of where I have been 
I can see Your hand all along
Out of that dark place, I can see my struggle
With a new light
For the struggle hasn't changed 
It is I who has changed
Once believing in the lies
 You found me, You saw me 
You gave me the will to Rise Up
With wings like eagles
The hope of tomorrow is now today
And now, it's my turn 
To help lift others

This is a poem about how the areas in our lives that seem dark, seem broken, seem doomed. How they can be seen in a new light. A light that says the battle is not over. A light that says you can overcome. You can overcome by rising up. And you will see that there is amazing grace to be found.

Do you ever write poems that tell a story? What story do you see in this poem that you can apply to your life? Comment below! 


Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse




2 comments: