Monday, January 13, 2020

Guest Post // Lil' Sis


Hi, my name is Gabrielle (Brooklyne's younger sister.) I did a guest post a while back and now I'm going to share a object lesson I have learned from my dog, Charlie. I will apologize in advance that I am not as "long-winded" as my sister so this post will be quite short. My dog Charlie is nine years old and is the sweetest dog ever!!!

His only fault (if you could call it a fault) is he gets so so so excited about his food. Even to the point of almost flipping over backwards because he's so excited over his food. We use to feed him with the other dogs, but he would eat his food in probably two seconds... which we realized wasn't very good. We ended up buying him a dog bowl that was almost like a maze in it. This way, it would slow his eating down. We also put him in a separate room so when he finished, he wouldn't eat the other dog's food.

You're probably thinking at this point, "Why do we need to know all of this and where in the world are you going with this?"

Well, the other day, we fed Charlie like usual (in his special room with his special bowl) and even with the maze bowl, he still snarfed it down very fast. Maybe five seconds, lol. But he doesn't enjoy his food, it's also like he doesn't even notice that he is eating it so fast... then he comes to the door and barks and barks until we let him out after the other dogs are finished eating.

You could really spin this any way you want. Like, you should enjoy your food. Or, I'm going to take a different approach because I have learned from Charlie that we shouldn't live our lives going so fast and not even realize the moments, the memories that could be made because we are too busy or on our phones that we don't even realize what's going on around us. All we care about is going to the next meeting, the next thing on our to-do list, that we don't realize the sun rises and the sun sets.

Anyway, I hope you get the point. That was the end of my first object lesson here on Showers of Blessings. (I may do more in the future!) Again, I am not as long-winded as my sister but I hope it was short and sweet. I hope you have a blessed day.

-Gabrielle

~~~

Thank you, Gabrie! That was a lovely object lesson on how we should slow down and savor life's precious moments! I would love for you to guest post any time you would like! And thanks for coming up with a guest post on such a short notice! (I was literally telling her last night how I wasn't prepared for a post today. Then, shortly after she went back to her room, I get a text with my guest post!)

What is a object lesson you have been learning lately? What did you think of Gabrielle's object lesson? (Do you think I'm long-winded?? Hehe, you don't have to answer that, lol!)
HAVE A GREAT DAY! Comment below! 


17 comments:

  1. Yes. I agree. We must slow down and enjoy the little things. *grins*
    I enjoyed reading this post! <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I really liked it! Hmmm... maybe I should do a guest post on my blog sometime... ;)
    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was cute! Nice to "meet" you, Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe that is so true! And my dog does that too! Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lexah! Thanks for reading my guest post!
      -Gabrielle

      Delete
  5. This was really good, amazing job, Gabrielle! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Gabrielle!! I really enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete