Monday, May 20, 2019

Rejoice in the Lord, Always!


This Monday, I would like to share some songs with you! I believe music is powerful and moving, and I also believe that God can speak to us through music. I have been recently going through a hard time, and I found that listening to some Christian music really helps. 

Music can be so uplifting and I think it is also a form of praising and worshiping God. I wish I could share all of the songs that I listen too when I need encouragement, but the list would be to long... so I will pick my favorites! In no particular order... 


City Harbor - Somebody Tell Them and Come However You Are 

Somebody Tell them:

"Somebody tell them that the lost are saved
Somebody tell them that their debt's been paid
And let them know love is calling out their names 
Somebody tell them, they're a child of the king
And there is an end to the suffering
And hope that never fades through grace thats made a way
Somebody tell them, somebody tell them now" 


^^ This song always reminds me that there are people out there who have never been told of Jesus' amazing grace and love.

Come However You Are:

"Come however you are
Come with all your heartaches
Come with all the mistakes you've made 
Lay them down at the cross 
Give them to the God who loves you 
Hurt, scarred, falling apart 
Come however you are"


^^ No matter where we are at, God wants us to come to Him however we are. 

Unspoken - Lift My Life Up

Lift My Life Up:

"I lift my life, lift my life up
I give it all in surrender
I lift my heart, lift my heart up
You can have it forever 
All my dreams, all m y plans 
Lord I leave it in your hands
I lift my life, lift my life up

Have your way in me
Have your way in me"


^^ I don't like repetitive songs very much, but this song stand out to me not only because of the lyrics, but also the way it is sung. Singing "Have your way" really is so freeing when you give God what your going through.

Bethel Music - It Is Well

It Is Well: 

"And through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
And it is well with me" 


^^ This song is so good! This is another one that is kind of repetitive, but I love listening to this one when I'm having one of those days... 

Kari Jobe - I Am Not Alone

I Am Not Alone: 

"In the midst of deep sorrow
I see Your light is breaking through
The dark of night will not overtake me
I am pressing into You"


^^ First off, I love her voice! Second, this song is the perfect reminder that we are never alone. <3 

Laura Story - Blessings

Blessings: 

"'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops 
What if your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are 
what it takes to know your near
What I trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise"


^^ What if our trials are really His blessings in disguise? (I actually have a memory with this song, both my auntie and mama sang this together for church once, and I always remember that's how this song became special to me!) 

Lauren Daigle - Trust in You  

Trust in You: 

"When You don't move the mountains 
I'm needing You to move
When you don't part the waters 
I wish I could walk through 
When you don't give the answers 
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You"


^^ This was the first song I had heard of Lauren Daigle's music. And it is one of my favorites! 


Well, I hope you liked getting a glimpse of some of the songs I like to listen too! There is seriously so many good songs out there! 

What is your favorite song that gets you through a tough time? Out of the seven I mentioned, which one was your favorite? Have you already heard these, or was some of them new to you? Just curious, do you judge a song by lyrics, or the musical aspect of the song? 
Lets talk in the comments! 



19 comments:

  1. Oh I love Blessings! I like "I Will" by Citizen Way. It always has a way of letting my soul rest and fix my eyes upon Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Blessings too! It's such a good song!
      I don't think I've heard "I Will" before, so I will defiantly look it up! <3
      Thanks for commenting, Mallory!!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, these are all sooo good, Ben!!! ^^ I've heard each and every one of these songs, and they're all blessings. Come However You Are, It Is Well, and Blessings are my favorites. Blessings is one of those songs that makes me cry. :') In a good way, though! ;) I judge a song by its lyrics. To me, a song is like life...if you're just going with the beat, at the end of the "song", you're going to crash and burn. But if you're going by lyrics, and they're clean, when the song ends, you're going to Heaven with our Lord. I don't know, that's just the significance I see in it. I thought I might do a blog post on it sometime!!

    Lovely post, Ben!!!! I'll be praying for you!! <3333

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so uplifting! The three you mentioned are some of my most favorites too! That's a unique way of putting it, I've never thought much about that analogy. I prabally judge a song more on the lyrics too, although for me it has to be a good mix of both! ;)

      Thank you, Boots! xx

      Delete
  3. Music is my happy place. Ahhhh, I just love songs. <3 I love Thy Will by Hillary Scott, and Even If by MercyMe, and Praise You in the Storm by Casting Crowns, and Guard Your Heart by Brian Free & Assurance, OH OH and MERCY SAID NO BY THE BALL BROTHERS. Ahhhhh! And of course we can't forget God on the Mountain by Lawson Bates or The Doucettes (I can't decide which version I like better!). I could go on and on...😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is for me too!! Thy Will by Hillary Scott is one of favorites! IT'S SUCH A GOOD SONG! :)
      Ohh, and I also like MercyMe and Casting Crowns so much! I don't think I've heard of the other ones you mentioned, but I looked Mercy Said No up and the lyrics are really powerful!
      There are so many good songs to listen too! XD

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I REALLY like listening to Lauren Daigle's music! What are your favorites by her?
      A couple more I like are You Say, First, and Here's My Heart! :)

      Delete
  5. Great post, Brooklyne! Music is so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the song "Blessings". I will say a prayer for you. I have also been going through a harder time, and would appreciate your prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so do I! Thank you so much, Liberty! I will defiantly pray for you! No matter how crazy things can get, God is in control! And He will never leave us to go through these hard days on our own. <33

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Yes, God is always in control. <33

      Delete
  7. I really like some of those songs.☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like listening to Danny Gokey's songs ("Masterpiece" and a few others) and I also like Tauren Wells and Riley Clemmons music:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice songs! Yep, I love "I Will Trust in You"!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a good song! The lyrics are so powerful! :)

      Delete