Wednesday, May 8, 2019

For You, Lord // A Poem


For You, Lord
Written by Brooklyne 

How far would I go for You, Lord?
How much would I suffer for You? 
How long will I be faithful to You? 
How much would I give for You? 

Would I travel 9,429 miles, for You? 
To be a light, the salt of the earth
To stop looking at me and start looking at You
Telling those I’m around about Your goodness and mercy

Will I take that leap of faith, for You? 
Way outside of my comfort zone 
For a chance to be Your hands and feet
To a place of my fear and unknown

Would I stop doubting and start having faith, for You? 
Then I could stop fearing the giants 
And start hearing your calm reassurance
Listening only to your promise that You will never leave me

Is it truly the Cry of My Heart to follow You?
When following You means being different
When following You means surrendering self
When following You means Your will, not mine

~*~

How far would I go for You, Lord? 
How far would I go it to bring one person closer to You?
How far will I take up my cross and follow you? 
How far will I be a soldier, for You?

Lord, please give me what it takes to travel 1,000,000,000,000+ miles, for You
Give me the strength for when I suffer for Your names sake
Give me courage when I step out of my comfort zone, following Your will 
Give me words, when I have none 

Lord, please give me what it takes to serve You 
Give me comfort when I’m hurting
Give me calmness and peace when I’m frazzled
Give me enough faith to trust in Your plan

Lord, take away my selfishness and worldly ambitions 
Take away my doubt in Your plan
Take away my worry that things will go wrong
Take away my fretting

Lord, take away sinful nature that always is searching to satisfy
Take away my bad habits that cripple me to do Your work
Take away fear of the unknown
Take away my stubborn micromanaging 

~*~ 

Lord, I know you will give me my every need
For look at the Lillies of the Field.
Help me to trust in your faithfulness.
Be my guide and my strength. 

So when I wonder how far I will go for You,
Remind me how far you went for me.
You left Your throne for me
You suffered for me

Lord, You came to this earth to die for me.
Because You love me
Because You care
Because You are faithful


Jesus, thank You for all You have gone through… for me. 


This poem is very raw and has special meaning to me. I wrote this because I was inspired by a friend when I saw how God was working in her life. 
So in a way, this poem is dedicated to her. <3

 This poem talks about following and obeying God's guidance even when we don't necessarily feel ready or don't feel good enough for the calling. But I think we have to realize that we don't have to be ready in order for God to work in our lives and in others. He want's us to come to Him now. Even when we don't feel ready. Even when we don't feel good enough, because God is enough. And it's when we feel like we can't make much of a different when God really shows you that indeed, you can.

Maybe God is calling you to witness to someone right now. So I'm encouraging you to take that step of faith and give it to God. Send that text. Smile to that person who always looks lonely. Talk to that friend. Write that Bible verse on a sticky note. Play that musical instrument. Be that light for Him. Because no matter how small the light, a bright light can be seen from thousands of miles.

The opportunities are endless when we let God write our story! So let Him. 

Matthew 5:13-16 NKJV
"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lamp-stand and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and 
glorify your Father in heaven."

Because this poem was deep, was it hard to understand? (Sorry if it was, sometimes you just have to write what's on your heart even if it doesn't make much sense...) How are ways that we can shine His light to those around us? 
What has God been teaching you this week? 
Share your thoughts in the comments! <3 



14 comments:

  1. I loved the poem!! Thanks for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!!!! <3333

    You are such a good writer, Ben!! Thank you for this, it was beautiful!!

    It made perfect sense! ;) I know the feeling, when you just have to get those words down on paper cause they're spilling from the well of your heart and you can't stop them!!

    Love ya!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Boots!!!

      Your comment means a lot to me! And I'm glad this poem made sense!!! Yes, exactly!
      Thanks for the encouragement!!! <3

      Delete
  3. I love how real your poem is. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool poem! I love the header too! How did you make it?

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading!!!
      I used Canva to design the header... I'm glad you like it! ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Brooklyne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you so much for reading, Molly! <3

      Delete
  6. This had given me so much inspiration!
    Thanks so much Brooklyne! You are a great writer!
    ~A Daughter of Christ~
    oneredeemedbylovethroughChrist.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Lord! I'm glad God had placed these words on my heart to write! <3
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!!!

      Delete
  7. This is just stunning poetry. You are such a good poet!

    ReplyDelete