Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Never-Failing Love // A Poem


Never-Failing Love 
Written by Brooklyne 

God, You always go before me, 
Your light shines through my dark. 
You’re the Author of my story. 
We sing, “How Great Thou Art.” 

God, You’re never-failing, 
You’re alway’s there for me.

God, you pave the harsh and steep way. 
You redirect my road. 
When I go completely astray, 
Your loving care flowed. 

God, You’re never-failing, 
You’re alway’s there for me.

God, You are my most faithful Guide, 
Through what’s unknown to me. 
In You, I safely will confide. 
For you give me mercy. 

God, You’re never-failing, 
You’re always there for me.

God, You hear my cry when I call,
Upon Your mighty name.
You reach out Your hand when I fall. 
Casting on me no blame. 

God, You’re never-failing, 
You’re always there for me.

God, You hold my hopes and You’re plans, 
May my hopes be Your plans.
You hold my future in your hands, 
No matter what happens. 

God, Your never-failing, 
You’re always there for me! 
Corinthians 13:4-8 
"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away." 



God is Love and Love never fails. 

I'm not talking about the kind of love we tend to throw around when we talk about random everyday things such as me saying I love chocolate. No, God's love is agape love. It's lasting love. It's the kind of love that covers a multitude of sins. A love that forgives. A love that is selfless and sacrifices for us. A love that flows deeper than the sea.

What an amazing God we serve! We are so blessed to be truly loved by our Heavenly Father! Today I encourage you to make a list of how you see God's love in your life and post it somewhere will you can see it. A sticky note on your bathroom mirror, taped to the wall of your bedroom, stuck in your back pocket, wherever you like! It might look something like this: 

God show's me His love through... 
-Nature
The way the flowers bloom and the trees sway in the breeze. 
The sun that cuts through shadows making patterns. 
The animals and their soft coats and sweet personalities. 

-The Bible
Each verse that talks about God's love.
Each verse that takes about God's forgiveness and second chances. 
Each verse that talks about how God will never leave us or forsake us. 

-Family 
For blessing me with a wonderful family who loves me. 
For giving me people to care about.
For keeping us healthy and for God's protection. 

-Talents
A passion that makes me excited. 
A gift that can be used for God's glory. 
A opportunity to show God's love. 

~*~ 

The list could go on and on, really! Each of us have different lists! But my point is that there are many ways to see God's love in our lives. And by making a list, we acknowledge that. And when we acknowledge that we are loved deeply by our Father, then we will praise Him and His love will shine through us to be a light to others. 

What are some other ways to acknowledge God's love? Does your list look similar to mine, how is it different? What did you think of this poem? How can I pray for you today? Comment below! 






17 comments:

  1. Amen, beautiful poem, Brooklyn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry, I forgot the "e" at the end of your name *cringe*

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Izzy! <3

      Oh, no worries, it happens all the time. *winks*

      Delete
  2. I love the poem!! So true❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, Ben...this is exceedingly lovely. <3 It should totally be made into a song.

    Ahhh, you're soo right!! ^^ It's very good to remember to give thanks, even in the middle of strife, because are we not alive because He created us? Are we not here for a purpose that He created us to be here for?

    I think another way to acknowledge God's love is by being good stewards of what He created; Our bodies, and the land and animals He has provided us with.

    Thank you for your continued prayers and uplifting posts - I appreciate your support!! <3333

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! Hehe, well actually my little sister has made some of my poems into songs that she plays the ukulele to! :)

      Thanking and praising God for all that He is and all that He has done for us is so important!

      So true! That's absolutely another way to acknowledge God's love for us! <3

      You're welcome, Boots! Back at ya!

      Delete
  4. That was a beautiful poem, Brooklyne! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. His love is everywhere! Your poem is so lovely!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this poem, Brooklyne!

    ReplyDelete