Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Things are Changing // Quick Blog Update

Hey peeps! I hope your August has been fabulous and you are enjoying the season of life you are in! I just wanted to write a post to keep y'all informed and to let you guys know of some changes I'm needing to make to Showers of Blessings. 

I'll just cut to the chase: 

My life has been busy. And I'm not just saying that. Truly. I've been feeling really overwhelmed with everything on my plate. So, I need to start posting once a week. Posting twice a week is great, but it's just not realistic at this time in my life (more on that in a sec) so I think it would be wise if I cut back on the quantity of posts and just focus on the quality. I plan on continuing to post every Wednesday. I also might be less active commenting on other blogs. I don't want to take a blog hiatus, but I definitely need to lighten my load. Thanks for understanding! 

Blog posts in the future will be related to life happenings, devotionals, and poems. I hope to continue to do some bookish posts and fun tags, but I'm not going to promise anything. I absolutely still want to post things that interest my readers, so if you have any post ideas/requests, then shout them out in the comments and I will see what I can do! 

Now, for the main reason of this change: 

*drumroll* 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I am a college student!!

I never thought I'd say that. I never thought I'd do college because it was never fitting into my plans. But obviously God had other plans and I'm stoked! I'm nervous and excited. But I'm mostly feeling blessed for this opportunity. I'm going to Liberty College Online. I'm getting a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design with some classes (maybe getting a minor) in Creative Writing. 

I started classes on the 24th, and I'm really excited for this next chapter (four years!) Prayers would be appreciated. This was unexpected and it's all very new to me. But it's really been a God thing, and I'm excited for this opened door and for my next step, because it's a lot clearer than it was two years ago when I first graduated high school. 

I hope to write a post that goes more into detail about this big life decision (and my journey up unto this point) but until then, just know that since things are changing really fast, I'll need to make blogging less of a priority. It's still a priority in my life, but I only have so much time in a day. I love sharing posts with my readers and interacting with you girls in the comments. But, I'm learning that I can't do things with the best of my ability if I stretch myself so thin. Hopefully, by cutting back, I'll be able to keep Showers of Blessings active without it becoming too time consuming. Starting from now on, only posting on Wednesdays. 

Talk to me in the comments below! 

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse 

22 comments:

  1. Congrats, Brooklyne!! So exciting! I totally understand lightening your load- looking forward to each of your posts! :) So happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuu!!!!
      It is really exciting and I’m so grateful for this opportunity! Thanks for your support! <3

      Delete
  2. Brooklyne, I am so excited for you and the adventure of college. I am sure you will do great, but having been through college myself, I know how much time it takes up, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! It’s gonna be an adventure! ;)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I hope everything goes wonderfully for you, and my prayers are with you dear friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liberty!

      And also, wishing you the happiest of birthdays! I hope you had a extra slice of birthday cake for me. *winks* <3

      This next year is going to be a wild ride, keep trusting the One who holds you. Happy sweet 16! *throws confetti*

      Delete
    2. Awe, thanks girl! I didn't but I'll eat one right now. *winks* <3

      Yes! Thanks again! *dances in your confetti*

      Delete
  4. How exciting that you've started college!!!! And your degree plan sounds really, really fun!
    I completely understand needing to scale some things back! I've had to do that recently, too! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I hope your semester goes well! Your degree plan sounds awesome. :b

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Melody! Thanks so much for your comment and support! XD

      Delete
  6. That's so cool that your taking online classes at Liberty! I've been to the campus before, and I also know a couple people from church who are going/went there =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome, Brooklyne! As a little tip, for online classes especially, it can be a LIFE SAVER to go ahead and mark all your due dates, etc. on a google calendar or something like that (at least to someone as forgetful as I am, lol!) (...what? Did I forget once that that one thing was due and totally missed it, thus messing up my whole schedule and earning the scorn of my older brothers? NO NO NO NO NEVER X'D *cough*).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Brooklyne!!!! :D Have fun!!! And I completely understand :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!! HOpe you learn so much and have fun!!!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete