Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Mustard seed


Mustard Seed

A poem by Brooklyne Elysse 


I'm the kind of girl who needs parables

I need a story with a message

Something to relate to

Give me a mustard seed


I'm the kind of girl who needs to see

The moving of mountains

My faith is weak

Give me a mustard seed 



I'm the kind of girl who needs grace 

The proof of God's hand moving

To believe in His miracles 

Give me a mustard seed



I'm the kind of girl who tries on her own

Before coming to my knees 

Take my fear, worry, anxiety 

Give me a mustard seed



I'm the kind of girl who needs Jesus

But tries too hard to be worthy

When all I need is to come, as I am

To have F A I T H as a mustard seed



Matthew 17:20,21 "So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you wills to this mountain, 'Move form here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting."

Faith as a mustard seed. It is my hope that this is our prayer today. 
What is a way to grow our faith? Even a small amount of faith can do big things. Comment below! 

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! That first stanza...yes, that's me! So much! And then in the last part... "I'm the kind of girl who needs Jesus/But tries too hard to be worthy." I feel like you could have been talking straight to me.
    Thanks so much for sharing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SO much for reading this poem and for commenting, Abby! Faith as a mustard seed is definitely a life lesson God has been teaching me lately. But God is so faithful and trustworthy, it’s just a matter of surrendering my worries to Him. God is good, and I’m so thankful that He has been patient with me. <3

      Delete
  2. I love this so much and relate to it wayyyy too much. Thank you, Brooklyne <33

    ReplyDelete