Wednesday, June 12, 2019

h e a l i n g . . .


We are all broken.

Last year, my Nannie fell while she was out in the horse pastures. She landed on her right hand and broke two major bones in her wrist. One titanium plate and eight screws later, she spent many weeks recovering from her surgery, and going to physical therapy. After the first pain meds wore off, the healing process was extremely excruciating. And it was a long drawn-out recovery. Her broken bones did not heal overnight. It took months of carful dedication and focus to regain the movements of her right hand. She is right handed and during that healing time, my Nannie had to learn to use her left hand instead. 

We are all broken people. Both physically and mentally. We’re bruised and tattered, torn and shattered. We are sinners. The advisory laughs when we fall for the sin he has laid as traps for us. But God, He cares for us so much that He has made a way for us to conquer. God has already overcome satan. And with His help, so can we.

I think that sometimes we forget how Jesus is such a powerful Healer. Sometimes we assume that He only performed miracles and healings when He was physically on earth. 



God still heals and performed miracles today. There is power through prayer!

When you feel broken and defeated, let God heal you. It might not be instant healing like we read in the Bible stories. It might take weeks spent recovering. Maybe even continual support from family or friends. Healing our brokenness is going to be painful. It could take months or years to heal completely. It WILL take carful dedication and refocusing on God. 

God uses our healing time to teach us. Just like Nannie had to learn to do things with her non dominant hand, we will have to learn some new things too. Through that learning process, we will become stronger and more capable for future times when we need healing. Sometimes God uses past pain to shape us into the people we are today. We don’t know what is up ahead, maybe God is teaching you something now so that you can be better equipped for the future. 

Learning to be left handed through her recovery time was not easy for my grandma (Nannie). Simple tasks such as opening lids on jars or fixing her hair were 10x harder to do and took 10x longer to complete. I will guarantee that healing will be difficult and painful. But when we start to heal from either physical pain or from a storm in our life, it’s so important to know that God is right along side us doing the healing. 

And more than just wanting to be healed, we should be looking to the Healer. 


~Sure, these obstacles that we face feel like high Mountains, but our faith in God can move mountains. (Matthew 17:20)
~And our trials are as gigantic giants blocking our joy, still God defeats the giants. (1 Samual 17)
~Ok, so the storm is boisterous, but our God speaks and the waves obey His voice. God calms our storms. (Psalm 107:29)

God is greater than anything you might be facing today. Trust in Him, and let Him have control. Open your heart to healing. Ask God to heal you. Instead of turning to worldly things, turn to God for His love and support. Let the grace and forgiveness of God wash over you, and let it be the screws that hold your brokenness together! 

Psalm 107:29
“He calms the storm, So that it’s waves are still.”


How is God healing you? Is there anything you would like me to pray for you about? Have you ever heard the song I included in today's post? What has God been teaching you lately?


13 comments:

  1. In so sorry about your Grandma<3 That must have been extremely difficult❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your Grandmother healed, mine has broken multiple bones, it's always scary.

    Broken, but not shattered. Broken but able to be fixed again in Christ <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is scary when things like that happen!

      So true! Thanks for commenting, Gray! <3

      Delete
  3. Amen! We've seen this so much through my journey. Btw, I call my grandma Nannie too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God that we have such a patient and capable Healer! He will never give up on us. <3

      Really!? That's so cool that you call your grandma Nannie!! :)

      Delete
  4. I am back I had been soo busy moving, holidays, and birthdays! We were just talking about making a trip out there. Aubry can't stop talking about the horses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sydnee!! Wow! It does sound like you have been busy! I hope you are having a good June! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, I'm so glad your grandma is healed!!

    I might have only gotten halfway through this post when I started crying.

    I really needed your post right now. It helped put into words what I'm trying to get my weak mind to realize.

    Maybe God doesn't want to heal me. Maybe He wants to use me as a tool for Him.

    I just hope and pray I can accept His plan with open arms, even if it isn't easy.

    You are such an inspiration, Ben.

    Thank you thank you thank you!! <3

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so glad she is healed!

      Aww, Boots, your comments always make me feel encouraged to keep writing these posts!

      And although His healing may look diffently than we want it too, He is still working and teaching us to grow despite what we might be facing.

      Whatever His plan is, it is a plan that will have many blessings along the journey. Keep trusting Him when it's easy going and when it's tough terrain. Praying for you! <3

      Delete
  6. I realize I'm way late commenting, but I came across this post the other day and just wanted to say that I appreciate the message so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God! I’m so glad...
      I’ve found that healing is one of those topics that everyone can relate too, but sometimes it’s the healing of wounds you can’t see that take the most patience and pain to heal. The good thing is, God never stops working on our hearts, and thankfully, He is the best Physician we could ever need. <3
      Thanks for commenting, Faith!

      Delete