Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Exodus 3:14 // A Poem


Exodus 3:14 
Written by Brooklyne 

I AM WHO I AM 
Why do you question My abilities?
Why do you make excuses for yourselves?
Will you not do as I ask you to do?

I AM WHO I AM 
Here is the sign you so unfaithfully asked for
A burning bush and a serpent rod
Now do you see, for I AM? 

I AM WHO I AM 
And yet you still are unsure
Will you believe after I give and heal your leprosy? 
Will you believe if I turn water to blood?

I AM WHO I AM 
Speak, for I will give you words
Be bold, for I am with you
Obey Me, for I AM

I AM WHO I AM 
You say you do not speak well
But who has made your mouth? 
Go, I will teach you what to say

I AM WHO I AM
Oh Ye of little faith
I ask for you to be apart of My plan
My plans will always prevail, for I AM

I AM who I AM 
Go and have faith
Believe in Me
For I AM WHO I AM!

Exodus 3:14 NKJV
“And God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM.’ And He said, 'Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" 


I wrote this poem when I was struggling with God just like Moses was in Exodus chapter three. Moses kept voicing excuses and doubts when God was right there, performing miracles and signs. Even though Moses saw God's power first hand, he still complained and finally asked God to find someone else to do the work that He wanted him to do. 

Eventually, Moses came around and did the work. But reading those passages in the Bible one night, I was like "Come on, Moses. What's it going to take for get you to trust in God's plan? He has already done so many amazing signs, why are you being so stubborn about this? God told you that He was going to be with you, and you still doubt... seriously??" 

And as soon as I thought these things about Moses, I realized that I myself have a lot in common with him. When God asks me to do something, or maybe He only asks of me to wait, I complain and doubt. Yes, I am very much so like Moses. I doubt in God's plan for me. I doubt even though I know He is all-mighty. I doubt even though I see his miracles.

So how do we overcome our own doubt and fear in God's plan? Good question, I wish I knew the answer too it, but what I do know that we have to go to God and be real with Him. I think we have to lay everything (our fears, worries, excuses, etc.) out on the table and let Him help us. We can't do it on our own.

Today, that is my goal, to complain about my worries LESS, and to trust Him with them MORE. Who's with me?? 



Could you relate to this poem? Has God ever asked you to do something you didn't feel like you could, or wanted too? What did you think of the song I included? 
Talk to me in the comments! (P.S. This is my 80th post!!! Any ideas to celebrate when I reach my 100th post??)





11 comments:

  1. Wow. I feel as though you wrote this for me. This is such a good poem and story you wrote afterwards. Thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The struggle is real. So many times I find myself worrying over such silly things, when really I should be trusting the One who holds the whole world in His hands. I'm so glad God was able to use these words! Thanks for commenting, Liberty! (And I like your new profile picture! *winks*)

      Delete
    2. Agreed. You're welcome!
      Awe, thanks! *winks*

      Delete
  2. We tend to read the OT and just think "these crazy Israelites...they had all these signs and wonders and just don't believe and don't trust. If we saw the Red Sea parted, man, we'd totally believe!"

    And yet we don't believe the signs and wonders God has placed in our own lives...

    Goes to show that things haven't changed. We are just as stubborn and stuck in our ways as Israel was. We need God just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true! It's easier said than done...

      I'm so glad God is such a merciful God. A God who sees our flaws, yet continues to love us despite them!

      Delete
  3. Yes yes yes. My struggles EXACTLY.

    I find myself doubting God so often. I worry. When He should be doing the worrying.

    Aahh, again, I needed this!!

    Thank you, Ben!! <3

    When I get back to you via email, I'll make sure to add suggestions for your 100th post in! ;)

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it's a part of human nature.

      I doubt in Hos plan a lot too, but He never gives up on us. And I beleive He is teaching us every step of the way!

      Praise God that this poem was meaningful to you! <3

      I'd love to hear your suggestions for celebrating my 100th post!! =)

      Delete
  4. I love this poem!


    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete