Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 // just some thoughts and letters



today is a new year. a new set of 365 days. a fresh start.
almost as if we have been given a blank slate. never been marked.

we set New Years resolutions. or maybe just re-prioritize some goals.
our goals may be daunting. maybe even terrifying. setting the bar high.

or maybe we set the bar low, afraid to fail. because we've failed before.
even still, we know all we can do is our best.

~*~

twenty twenty offers new chances to grow, to change.
to learn from the past. to overcome new challenges.

there will be highs. there will be lows.
just as 2019 had both joys and trials.

we have four seasons of opportunities. spring blossoms. summer sunshine. fall leaves. winter frost.
even still, as the time passes, we will become stronger. wiser.

~*~

we all have our own roads to travel. have our own paths. lives to live.
sometimes we don't know where the trails lead.

but we know Someone who does.
because the Author of our story has written our map. because of this, we can be sure-footed.

He will give us the strength. to overcome. the strength to smile. to change.
even still, He guides us through the still waters. and the raging ones also.

~*~

the resolutions may fail. His love will not.
in our weakness, we will find our Savior's grace. forgiveness. hope. strength to rise.

some goals will be met. others might change.
but God's plan for us is steadfast. unmovable. tested and sure. anchored.

and when fear tries to stop our progress. it will not win in the end.
even still, with God all things are possible.

~*~

so in this new blank slate. this blank sheet of paper.
lets let God write our story.

let God move us. do amazing things for us. teach us.
let him mold us. cleanse us.

let Him be our Heavenly Father. Who's love has no end.
even still, lets let Jesus into our hearts. because He's knocking.

~*~

twenty nineteen has come to a close.
even still, twenty twenty is a new chapter for our story.
Lets embark on this journey. lets find joy in this journey.
happy New Years!



Dear twenty nineteen, 

Wow! What a whirlwind! 2019, you sure kept me on my toes. I say all years fly by, but you really did. I remember just yesterday that it was New Years last year... we stayed up until midnight to welcome you. Overall, you were a good year. You taught me a lot. Your days were full of many memories. Both of laughter and tears. You gave me some challenges, twenty nineteen. Some real hard ones. Then again, you gave me some amazing times too. Memories I won't soon forget! 

This last year, I have been so thankful for my growing skills as a writer. I'm no professional by any means, but my love for writing has deepened. Even in my writing slumps, deep down, I still know it's what I need in my life. To write. 

I stepped and stumbled outside of my comfort zone many times in 2019. I'm so glad I did! Because got the chance to meet not only one, but two online friends in person! As well as video chatted with two other dear friends. Seriously, I'm so thankful for every single one of my blogger friends! <3

I'm so thankful for the friendships I have been given the opportunity to have through this blog. Showers of Blessings has truly been a blessing to me. Like I would have never imagined. 

We went on a couple amazing adventures this year such as staying on a houseboat, helping clean up from a tornado, spontaneous trip to the beach, 5k races, etc!

I've grown a lot in this year. God has taught me so many things, it's truly amazing how He leads me and guides me. He has shown me how to h e a l. And has given me so many opportunities to grow. I still fear the unknown, yet I've seen his peace in action. And I know that God will go before me through whatever 2020 may have in store! 

Love, 
Ben

~*~

Dear twenty twenty, 

A new decade. Twenty twenty, you may be a tad bit daunting, but I'm ready. Or as ready as I'll ever be, lol. You are going to have your own set of plot twists, I know that. But it is my goal, to never give up, to persevere. To overcome those challenges. 

There are so many new and exciting things around the corner. In this new chapter, I have already  made many goals. Some of which may change as time goes on, but some of which I will accomplish. And I want to celebrate those small victories. 

I wish to give myself and others grace in this new year. I wish to write for God's glory and not my own. I want to surrender my plans. To have faith in the unknown. I wish to be a better sister, daughter, niece, and friend.

So hello, 2020! You better watch out, because I may not change the world, but that doesn't mean I still can't be a world-changer

Love, 
Ben

~*~

Check out last year's New Year post HERE.

God has amazing things for you this new year. 
I hope y'all have a blessed 2020! 



25 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! This is really beautiful, thank you for sharing your letters to 2019 and 2020. <3 I hope you have an amazing new year!

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you! Thanks, I wasn’t really sure what to write for the new year post... so I just started writing! I hope you have a awesome 2020!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Brooklyne! Even though I haven't kept up with reading everything on your blog, whenever I do, I always come away encouraged. I can see and feel your love for Jesus so much throughout your writing -- Keep being a light for the Kingdom, and stay encouraged in Him! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I just discovered recently that 2020 is a leap year. So we'll actually have 366 days instead of 365 -- one extra day this year! :O :D

      Delete
    2. I just recently figured that out as well, Faith! *happy dance* Kinda exiting isn't it?

      Delete
    3. Happy New Year, Faith! Praise God, anything good that I write is all Him.
      (Oh I didn’t know that! But that’s actually really cool!! Thanks for sharing!)

      @Liberty, Yes that is really exciting! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy new years! I can't believe it's already 2020!

    Loved this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I know, I can’t believe it either! ;)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. "twenty twenty offers new chances to grow, to change.
    to learn from the past. to overcome new challenges." << oh, this is so so so beautiful, Brooklyne!! Happy New Year <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I’m so glad! Thank you! Have a happy new year, Ash! <3333

      Delete
  5. What a neat idea! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe 2020 has started. Can't wait to see what new challenges and adventures arise! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know!! For sure, there are going to be many! Happy New Year! XD

      Delete
  7. Happy New year! I know this is going to be a great year! Hope yours is awesome!!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete