Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Flying Above, Eventually // A poem


Flying Above, Eventually
Written by Brooklyne 

One brush stroke
That creates 
A wisp, a feather
Of a ink world 

One keyboard 
A story 
Takes roots, like trees 
Of a ink world

Flying above, eventually 

~~~

Artists turn
Mistakes into 
Masterpieces 
Of a ink world

Authors turn 
Edits into 
Fangirl confetti 
Of a ink world 

Flying above, eventually 

~~~ 

Ink worlds always 
Remember 
Humble blotches 
And meager drafts 

Ink worlds never 
Are confined 
Breaking through all
Barriers 

Flying above, eventually!!! 



I wrote this poem for a contest a while back, and thought I'd share it with ya'll today! It's suppose to remind us that our creativity can't be confined in the worlds labels or boxes. Or that's what it reminds me of anyway. But I'd love to hear what you think of it in the comments! It's kind of a abstract poem, so we all can get a different message from it... :) 

What are your thoughts on this poem? Let me know in the comments! 



13 comments:

  1. Cool poem, Brooklyne! I love the graphic! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly! Aw, I'm so glad! It was fun to make! ;)

      Delete
  2. Great poem, Brooklyne! I really like it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I loved reading it!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hanne! I'm so glad you liked reading it! <3

      Delete
  4. Awesome! <3

    Btw, I've nominated you for a tag!
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com/2019/08/3-days-3-quotes-tag-2nd-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poem! :)

    What I mainly took from it was that even small, seemingly meaningless things can be transformed into big, amazing masterpieces over time, if we'll only take the time to focus and not give up on them.
    Hmm, now this has got me thinking! Thanks for sharing this, Brooklyne! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I like your graphic! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Faith!

      Yes! I love your perspective on this poem!! I'm so glad you liked reading it! <3

      Aw, thanks! I thought it was cool! ;)

      Delete