Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Guest Post // Faith & Hope


Make sure you don't forget to read the other guest posts by Gabrielle! 
Today, we have a more serious guest post about the topic of faith and hope--how they are different. 
I hope you enjoy this quick read with great insights! 

~~~

Are Faith and Hope Different?

When I first think of the word faith, I usually think of religion or having faith in God. The Bible defines faith as the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Faith has many different meanings, for example, someone having faith that the other person will not lie to them. Or another example is having faith that there is a God even if we physically cannot see Him with our own eyes. 

Faith and hope are similar, but also different. Hope is for the future and faith is more present. An example of hope is someone hoping they will get the job. Hope is used in the future.

The Bible says if we have faith as big as a mustard seed, then we can move mountains. Faith comes first, if we have faith then we can have hope. Having hope is a joyful experience, because if we have the hope of God in us, then we have a brighter future. As Jeremiah 29:11 states, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” 

God wants us to have faith in the truths of the Bible so that we may have hope in Him coming again. Faith and hope are different and it is important that we have both, especially in God!

How do you think Faith and Hope differ? What about faith and trust? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! Comment Below!

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse and Gabrielle 

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this!
    Great thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you enjoyed Gabrielle’s guest post!! I know I did!

      Delete