Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Favorite Books of 2021

 


*dances around* 

Who else found some new favorite books this year? I sure did! So this post will be about my favorite bookish finds of 2021. 

Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin 
Ok, ok, I can’t say enough good things about this one! If you want to read my fangirl, check out THIS post where I talk about the whole Waves of Freedom series. Basically, this book earned every one of those five shiny stars I gave it. 

Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin
Sundin outdid herself with this whole series. The characters are so relatable and their values are admirable. I gave this one 4.5 stars.


When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin
JUST. GO. READ. THIS. WHOLE. SERIES! A solid 5 star read!

When Twilight Breaks by Sarah Sundin
This book had a slightly different vibe than the rest of Sundin's books, but I loved the plot and writing style and Evelyn as a main character! 5 star!

A Midnight Dance by Joanna Davidson Politano 
New author alert! I was really impressed with this authors poetic writing style and the depth in it! Bravo! (and even though ballet isn't my thing, this story was super intriguing...) 4 star!


A Song Unheard by Roseanna M. White
Ya'll! This book was so good! 4 star! I loved the characters and the quality of writing style! The whole plot to this series was epic. 

An Hour Unspent by Roseanna M. White
4.5 star! This is the last book in the Shadows Over England Series and this was probably my favorite out of the whole series! Love the historical detail in these books.

A Question of Honor by Jessica Wheaton
4 stars! I'm super glad I got the opportunity to read this book at the beginning of 2021. It definitely didn't disappoint! 

Seeing Voices by Olivia Smit
Another new-to-me author with a fun writing style and great themes! This was the only contemporary that made it on the list (if you haven't already gathered, historical fiction is my favorite.) Definitely recommend this for a summer read! 4.5 star!

~~~

Well, I hope you liked getting a glimpse of my favorite reads of 2021. Now it's your turn... 

What was one of your favorite books of the year? 

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse 




7 comments:

  1. I've read a couple of these on your list!! I don't read much *hides face*
    Have you ever gotten around to reading my sisters book yet?? I know I'm such an impatient little person. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good! I don’t have as much time to read lately, but I’m hoping to start back up again soon!

      I haven’t yet!!

      Delete
    2. Haha yeah it feels I never have time to read anymore. *monkey face*

      Lol, okay!!

      Delete
  2. I have the first two Shadows Over England books by Roseanna White...I still need to read them!! I've loved the books that I've read from her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your list!
    A Midnight Dance is also on my list!
    Next year I totally need to finish the Waves of Freedom series.

    ReplyDelete