Wednesday, March 24, 2021

~Podcasts~

 


Raise your hand if you like listening to podcasts! Are there a couple hands up? Okay good, because today I will be sharing some of my favorite podcasts with y'all! 

Now, before I begin, I'll start by saying how I used to not be a fan of podcasts. I felt like they were a waste of time. Why listen to someone ramble on when I could be listening to music and having my own little jam session? After all, when do you have time to listen to podcasts anyway? I can do much more multitasking with music than with deep conversation! However, I can across a couple podcasts that may have changed my  opinion... 

In this post I'll be sharing some favorite podcasts* as well as some tips on when are the best times to listen to them. (I don't know where you listen to your music/podcasts, but I use Spotify.)

*Note, I have not listened to all episodes so cannot endorse all content by these podcasts. 

~~~


Why They Did That
This was the first podcast that really caught my attention. It has some really great stories and it breaks down Bible stories in a relatable and interactive way!

About: "the Bible can seem boring, but not if you ask thee right questions. Why They Did That explores the motivations of biblical characters and how their choices can guide yours." There are so many episodes, but one that was one of my favorites was Duty or Devotion. It talked about Martha. We first found this podcast after we heard Dean Cullinane speak at a conference we attended.


The Overflow Podcast 
I've currently listened to all of these episodes and think they have a lot of good points. So so good!

About: "So many of us are emotionally exhausted--we're in stale or broken relationships and we aren't reaching out potential. But no one should have to struggle with these challenges. Your hosts, Karl Lindsay and Filip Milosavljevic want to help you to live a more abundant and overflowing life. The Overflow Podcast will take you on a personal journey based in Scripture towards emotional and spiritual growth that will impact you and all those you're in relationship with." I first came across this podcast when to friends recommended it.

Favorite Episode: "Ep 23 How to Live with Intention" 


WHOA: That's Good Podcast 
I've listened to a few of these and they have a fun vibe! Sadie is herself, fun and enthusiastic. (Although, I’m not a fan of the “commercials”...)

About: "The "WHOA That's Good" podcast welcomes you into meaningful conversations with authors, athletes, musicians, speakers, and starts of film and television in search of the answers to just one question: What is the best advice you have ever been given? Hosted by Sadie Roberston..."


Taste for Truth 
This podcast is all about health, fitness, and losing weight. 

About: "Join us on the Taste for Truth Podcast as we go to God for help with weight loss. We'll have victory interviews, coaching interviews, author interviews, tips, and even opportunities to renew your mind while you're listening to the podcast. My goal is to encourage you and equip you to break free from the control of food with God's help.


Choose Grace Podcast
This podcast is brand new and I love supporting young people who have started their own podcasts! 

About: "I will feature many inspiring people from all walks of life and a variety of ages where they will answer, 'what is your biggest challenge in your life right now, and what are you doing to overcome it?' I want to keep it real and I want to keep it fun while at the same time discussing some of life's biggest challenges. My goal is to help people work through their challenges with grace and a whole lot of God." 


Oh Beloved One
Amanda Michelle Brown has lots of good topics covered in her podcast! 

About: "We're dedicated to sharing practical resources that aid young women (like YOU) in their spiritual walks."

~~~

When to listen to podcasts: 

--> On a walk
Go for a walk and let a podcast keep you company. This could be on lunch break or just for a short morning/evening exercise. Kill two birds with one stone... you get to get some fresh air (and sunshine) while listening to a conversation that will more than likely challenge you to grow! 

--> On a run
When I'm on a run, it's best to keep my mind anywhere else besides on my heavy breathing and burning legs. A podcast makes for a great solution because instead of thinking about your misery (XD) you are thinking about what the podcast has to say. I prefer music when I run just because of the needed motivation, but everyone is different so you should give it a try and see if it works for you!

--> Long car rides
If you are in the car by yourself, or if you are on a long road trip, a podcast might help pass the time! Same goes for music or an audio book. 

--> In the morning 
I know this sounds like the worse time of day to listen to a 45 minute podcast, but hear me out. I set my alarm for 5:52. (tbh, I have no idea why I set my alarm for that specific time... I'm weird.) Ahem, anyway, I aim to start my workout at 7am. That gives me exactly an hour and eight minutes to get my act together. To do my morning devotion, get dressed, etc. I've found that in order to wake up slowly without falling back asleep, I'll turn on a podcast. This also works out nicely because I don't have to strain my eyes to read right off in the morning. By the time the podcast is over, I have roughly 20-30 minutes to get around before I workout. Anyway, this has been working out really well for me. 

--> While you clean
Again, I'm kinda more of a music gal when it comes to cleaning. But--if I'm in the right mood, cleaning while listening to a podcast sounds like a great way to be productive while multitasking! 

Lastly, if you are interested in checking out my Spotify for music playlists and other podcasts, find "Ben" (aka me) at this link here!

What are some of your favorite podcasts? Do you like podcasts? 
Was this post helpful to you? Comment below!

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse 

6 comments:

  1. I listen to podcasts all the time! 😄
    I listen to the Dream Big Podcast (Bob Goff)
    (My fav episode is with Bethany Hamilton and the other is with Beth Moore)
    The Heal Podcast (chronically ill Christians)
    Sometimes The Matthew West Podcast
    And
    Moody Bible Open Line 😄
    Love all these recommendations! I can never find recommendations (🙄) so I’ll 100% be looking into those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that’s so awesome! They definitely have become more popular! I’ll definitely have to check that one out. Bethany Hamilton is the best!! <3
      Yay, definitely go give them a listen! xx

      Delete
    2. *just now realizes I said “definitely” 3 times in one comment* lol *facepalm*

      Delete