Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Life of Late // Letters // Happy New Year!

 


Howdy folks! 

It's about time for a wrap up post--of sorts. Honestly, it's about overdue...  

First, I'd like to wrap up December. Then, I'll talk a little bit about this year. For 2018/2019, I wrote THIS POST where I shared some letters. For 2019/2020, I wrote  THIS POST where I shared a poem and some letters also. Letters seem to be a trend for me to welcome the new year, so I'm keeping the tradition alive in this post! 

December Wrap-Up: 

~~~Snow~Animal chores while freezing~Soap orders~Made a soap graphic to help customers decide on scents~Pinterest quotes~Christmas movies~Watching Doc!!~Snow photoshoot~Spotify wrap-up ~Soap photoshoot~Animal chores after dark~Celebrated birthdays~Workout~Insanity workout program~Healthy meals~Bath salts~Lots of reading for school~Buying my sisters some surprise gifts~Pretty sunsets~Dehydrating orange slices for decoration!~Writing papers for school~Sabbath walks~S'mores brownie~Settlers of Catan~Making orange garland~Finishing Doc!!~Winter break~Memories from last year's beach trip~Hot chocolate~Trail ride gone wrong~Christmas lights~ColorStreet nails~Christmas program at church~Amazing music~Christmas Eve~Frisbee golf~Video game~Christmas Day~Nachos~Dance~Hallmarks~Building trusses~More Hot Chocolate~Grocery shopping~Workouts~~~ 

Still living, laughing, loving, and learning all the time!



Letters:

Dear 2020, 

Wow, what is there really to say? Covid was a major curve ball that none of us were expecting. A curve ball that seemed to have the snowball effect... in other words, this year was a tough one for many on many different levels! So hard. But, 2020 wasn't all bad, there were some crazy big milestones that occurred for me and my family. First, the year started out with a bang. I mean, zip lining in a cave anyone?! 
Other exciting happenings were planning (and re-planning) a trip to the Grand Canyon. Which was a BLAST! 
Helping plan, decorate for, and be there for my sister's wedding!!! <3 <3
Starting college. Whoop whoop!
And climbing Grandfather Mountain in NC. 
Among some other things, but those were the major highlights for sure! 
2020, was a year of hardships and self discoveries. My word "Wildflower" taught me a lot, and yet I wasn't ready for some of the things it brought up. When I choose wildflower, I hadn't realized a big part of flowers is "growing" out in the rough elements. Growing despite growing pains. Growing despite the rain. So in the coming year, I'm thinking my word is going to be either "thrive" or "revive." Why? Bc this poor wildflower needs to find the sunshine! 

2020, I'm not sad to see you end. But I know that the things won't magically go back to normal once 2020 is over...  I'm still looking forward to starting a new year. 2020 has taught me a lot. It's taught me to cherish the people close to me. It's taught me not to believe everything I hear. It's taught me that fear is real, but fear is not the end-all. It's taught me that plans change. And that's OK. It's taught me to step out of my comfort zone. It's taught me that Jesus is the only true source of comfort & peace in the times when the darkness is overwhelming. I'm so thankful for the people who helped me get through...

2020 was really good, and really bad all at once! A lot can change in a year... 

"Nice" knowing ya, 2020, 
Ben 

~*~

Dear 2021, 

Welcome, new year! I'm excited to see what wild rides are in store. My hope is that going into this year, I'll find peace. With where I'm at, with where I'm going. I also hope that I continue to fall in love with Jesus more and more. Because even in the pain and suffering of this world, the Hope of my Savior is enough. Even in the unknown, my trust in Jesus can be known. 

I honestly don't know what to expect from this new year. I'll continue with school. I'll continue with soap making. I'll continue with (slowly) writing that book that I keep wanting to publish. I'll continue to try new things. And who knows what amazing adventures I'll find myself getting into.

But whatever is in store, I'm grateful. For my family, for my friends in my corner. For my animals that make me smile. For my many blessings.

Welcome aboard, 2021,
Ben

~*~ 


Some things to expect here on the Blog in the coming year: 

~Posts every OTHER Wednesday. And I may be taking a hiatus once or twice to regroup. As you can see, I'm cutting back a little. I'll be trying this for the first quarter of the year. 
~Posts on topics such as the following: Hand-Lettering 101, Sisters Wedding Pictures, Poems, Short Stories, Advice, Books, Healthy Recipes, Etc! 
~A giveaway in February!!! (To celebrate 3 years of Blogging!!!!!!!!) 

Comment below if you have any blog post requests! I'd love to hear your ideas. 

With that said, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Each and every one of ya'll who interact here on the blog means a lot and reading your comments brightens my day! Thanks SO much for following along throughout 2020, and I hope you continue to read Showers of Blessings in 2021. What is a blog without those who read it?! So thank you from the bottom of my heart! <3 May you have a new year full of new opportunities and blessings + collect wonderful memories! God's bigger than anything that you might face in 2021, He will carry us through. Tell me down in the comments one lesson God has taught you during 2020. Do you have any new 2021 plans? Comment below! 

God Bless! 

Brooklyne 
Elysse 






19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So crazy that the New Year is already here! <3

      Thanks so much for reading Showers of Blessings, Molly! I always love reading your comments throughout the years!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :) I've loved reading your posts throughout the years! <3
      I agree, it's so crazy the New Year's almost here! Where did the time go?!

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this, Brooklyne! <3

    2020 has been such a crazy year, and like you said, I'm not sad to see it go. I pray this new year is full of happy memories, and many adventures. For me and for you. <3
    2020 was a crazy, busy year for me. Drivers Ed happened, I got confirmed, got my license, and am starting to become more and more an adult. Growing older can be such an exciting thing, but it also has it's draw backs. Just like anything else really. *winks*

    Anyways!

    I hope your new year is wonderful and full of many blessings! God bless you, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hasn’t it?! 2020 definitely left an impression on all of us! But despite all of this, God is still good and He won’t ever give up on us!

      2020 was a huge year of changes for you! Congrats on all of those accomplishments and I’m so proud of you! Keep trusting God with your future, He’s got great plans for you! <3

      Same, Liberty!! XD

      Delete
    2. Yes it was! I still can't believe that all those things happened in 2020. It feels like it was forever ago! *laughs* Thank you so much!! <3

      Delete
  3. Happt early new year to you also! Just curious, but I noticed you menntioned workouts multiple times. What type of workouts do you like to do? I love to run as much as I can. That is my workouts. Hopefully next year will be better, and we will all heal. And hopefully also, i'll finally be able to get back to my blog. ( Today was my second post in two months. I noted to myself i'd get back to blogging.) And you aren't the only one who has had a family meber getting married. My brother has just flown to Cali and is about to propose to his girlfriend of three years. I'm super excited for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!

      My family and I like to do lots of different workouts! Currently, we are doing cardio videos through a program called Insanity. I also like lifting free weights and using workout equipment. In the summer, we do more running. Working out is such a good hobby to have!

      Delete
  4. For me this year a lot happened, but not much. I was drowned in college work, and thought at the end of the semester I was about to fail at least one of my classes, and was preparing to get ready to re take it. I ended up passing with a good grade. It's been a rough ride, but to quote a country song: " life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Studying can be a lot of hard work! I hope any new classes you might have will be less difficult. One day at a time!

      Delete
  5. Happy new year!
    I love your letters 😄 I do letters too 😂
    If anything, 2020 has been a super confusing year 😂

    I’m excited for your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing letters is such a good way to process everything and recap the year! ;)
      Lol, yes. It’s been very confusing and crazy...

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Love this, girl <33 you go, wildflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, sorry I haven't been commenting on your posts lately! I love that your word for last year was wildflower. For many of us, becoming aware of our own fragility was a big part of 2020. We all certainly in need of some sunshine :D
    I enjoyed reading your letters and learning about some of last year's highlights! All of them sound so fun. And I agree with you about truly not knowing what to expect from 2021. I'm almost afraid to hope for good things to happen. I have to remind myself that whatever happens, God's love and grace will never leave. <3

    ~ Scarlett | An Attempt at Authenticity
    https://a4andme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Scarlett! Thanks for commenting!
      Yes, 2020 was definitely memorable for everyone...
      Keep trusting God with 2021, He will never leave us or forsake us. <3

      Delete