Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Life Flight // Book Review

 


Good morning, friends! Today I have another book review and a mini book photo dump for ya! Down in the comments, I want to know what you have been reading and what was the last book you brought on a trip with you! *winks* 

~~~ 

Back of the book: 

EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton is used to high stress situations, but being forced to land on a mountain in a raging storm with a critical patient--and a serial killer on the loose--tests her skills and her nerve to the limit. She survives with FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield's help. But she's not out of the woods yet.

In the ensuing days, Penny finds herself under attack. And when news reaches Holt that he may not have gotten his man after all, it will take all he and Penny have to catch a killer--before he catches one of them.

Bestselling and award-winning author Lynette Eason is back with another high-octane tale of close calls, narrow escapes, and the fight to bring a nefarious criminal to justice.

My Review: 

⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒

Let me first start by saying how epic and intriguing the cover design is! It definitely fits the suspense genre... but ya'll probably want to hear my thoughts on the actual book, not just the neat cover design. I read this book FAST. I tend to do that when I have 24 hours worth of car time and a couple days of vacation ahead. Reading books on trips is one of my favorite things, so I was excited to dive into this one. 

The characters. 

EMS helicopter pilot Penny Carlton was a awesome main character! Her story was unique and with each chapter, the reader gets more glimpses into her past. Her bravery and quick thinking were especially admirable. I also liked how she was honest and up front. Very authentic. 

FBI Special Agent Holt Satterfield was another great character. Only a few times I was underwhelmed by his character. He seemed good at what he did and trusted his instincts.

I really appreciated the side characters in this book! Penny had a group of best friends with similar backgrounds and I loved how they all came together, had each other's back, and were equally capable at their careers.

The plot. 

Wow, was the plot full of surprises! It was fast-paced and intense. The serial killer villain was exactly that-- a villain. I was rather disturbed by all the background information given about his motives and this is a huge reason why I docked off a couple stars. 

Concluding thoughts.

This book was a great way to pass the time on a road trip. It was exciting and suspenseful, the message was good, though not as deep as I would have liked. The writing style, fantastic! The characters were well developed and the climax was suspenseful. I'd recommend this book to those who like the suspense genre and are okay with the villain being a psychopath. (There was just a little too much details for my liking in that department.) Content warning: I definitely wouldn't recommend this book to those sensitive to or triggered by hostage situations.

Overall, this was an exciting book to take to the beach and I look forward to reading more books by this author! 

**Thanks Revell Reads for a copy of this new release! 

~~~

I hope you enjoy this lil book photo shoot from the beach! 



^^ hiding from the sun with my book :)


^^ The blue towel really makes the cover pop!





Have you read this one? Would you rather read on a plane or in the car? What book are you currently reading?? Comment below!

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse






5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your review, Brooklyne!
    Reading on road trips is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you liked hearing my thoughts on it! Yes, long road trips are perfect for reading!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading this review!!
    I am so fascinated my EMTs, Paramedics, firefighters, cops, and all the like, that this book sounded so intriguing! (it's been awhile since I've found a book that just entrapped me and I really enjoyed)
    How scary is scary? *laughs* (for the villain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! It’s always makes it more exciting. *winks* Um, so it wasn’t that scary for me, it was just very twisted. The serial killer had some mental health problems and his choice of victims was especially sick. For such a good book, the backstory to the villain was pretty disturbing...

      Delete
    2. Yeah it does! *winks* Oooooh okay, I get it. That's too bad that they had to add that into there. *rolls eyes*
      (thanks for the additional info!)

      Delete