Wednesday, July 29, 2020

An Update of Sorts



Hey all! Over the month of July, I've so loved getting the comments on each post for A Place to Call Home! I'm so glad you liked that sweet fan fiction of mine! 


But, it's about time for an update! 

To say July was crazy, would be an understatement. lol. 

>> Fourth of July was amazing. Filled with good food, family, and fireworks! 

>> My writing this month started out strong, and I eventually hit 61k in my WIP! Which is exciting, although I was hoping to get more done. But, I still made great progress... I'll take it! 

>> I started doing some more marketing for my small business, Winds of Faith Co.! 

>> I did some book title poetry! (Maybe I'll do a post sharing it with y'all!)

>> Our garden is doing surprisingly well this year! And we've gotten a ton of zucchini that we've made zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, and zucchini enchilada casserole! (I can't wait to make fresh salsa this year!) We've also harvested onions, garlic, and yellow crookneck squash. 
>> We picked up a box of peaches from The Peach Truck! Ok, peaches might be one of my favorite fruits! 

>> I packaged soap. 

>> I've been super consistent with working out and I'm very proud of myself for keeping at it! I run twice a week and then do weights, machines, and videos the other days. 

>> Sunsets *hearteyes* 

>> Went out on the lake to jet ski. 

>> Took engagement photos for two very special people! :)

>> I read books! I actually got over my reading slump and am on book three in a series I started! I also have a beta reading project.

>> Did some cover designing.

>> Got a polaroid printer which is such a fun tool to have! 

>> I found an arrowhead in the garden!!!!!

>> I organized our pantry... a challenge for sure! 

>> I'm making some big decisions and trusting God's lead. More on this later!! 

How was your July? What's new with you? Are you harvesting anything from your garden? What are you currently reading? Comment Below! 

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse 


18 comments:

  1. Aw sounds so fun!! An ARROW HEAD in your garden?? That’s awesome. Oooh a very special couple? Is it a secret? Someone we’ve heard about on your blog before?? You can’t just say something like that and keep us in suspense! ;) lol. Yeah same here I’ve been trying to do more sprinting cuz I love to run, but it is so hard to make it happen. I guess just get up earlier in the morning, right? Hahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I was so thrilled to find it! I was just weeding along and saw it! XD

      Very special! My older sister got engaged!!! And I helped take their engagement pictures! I’m going to try and talk her into sharing some of them, but we’ll see... <3

      Jogging is definitely hard to stay consistent! But, you got this!

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your update! It's nice to hear how your life has been. <3
    Oh I've been wanting a Polaroid printer for awhile now!
    Awe, that's awesome that you took some engagement pictures! (can we see??)

    My July was awesome (as you probably know from my photo dump) We have a garden but haven't really gotten much yet, except lettuce. xP And I am currently reading, "Ride The River" by, Louis L'Amour. *winks* I've already read it a couple of times but I just love it so much. *laughs*
    AND! *drumroll* Today I passed my drive test!! I got 88% and now all I need to do to get my license is get all my hours! *does a happy dance*

    Well, I hope your day is filled with happiness, Brooklyne. God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you liked this post! It was kind of last minute so I wasn’t able to go into much detail...
      I know! My lil sis and I went in on it together and we are really liking it! It’s fun!
      (I’ll try to talk her into it! *winks*)

      Yes, from your post, it sounds like your month has been busy but fun!
      Also, CONGRATS ON PASSING THE TEST! I know how stressful that is, but you did it! Great job! *does a happy dance with you*

      Ditto! <3

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU!!! It was pretty stressful but yes, I did it!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a busy July! :)
    Good job for hitting 61k words on ypur WIP!!! <3
    Peaches are my favorite fruit too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super busy and went by so fast! :P
      Thanks so much, Patience!
      They are SO good! Especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. XD

      Delete
  4. July was basically a ton of writing, lots of reading and reviewing, and university, haha! Good month, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds busy but right up your alley! Hey, what university are you going through??

      Delete
  5. That soap is so pretty! Congrats on the 61k! Wow!
    By the way, I nominated you for the Behind the Blogger Tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great month. Jet skiing would be fun! July was good for me. We haven't started harvesting our garden yet.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun! Although I usually get a sunburn! What types of veggies did you plant this year?

      Delete
  7. Congrats on hitting 61K in your WIP! Also, I want a Polaroid printer so bad! They sound so fun!! Finding an arrowhead in your garden is so cool too. :b

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melody!!!
      It’s really fun! Polaroids are so aesthetic! ;)
      I was so excited to find it!!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had an awesome July!
    My family and I have been harvesting a lot from our garden- it's one of the best growing gardens we've had in a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, our garden took off! It’s definitely one of our best gardens... I think I’ll do a garden tour. XD

      Delete
    2. You should! I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete