Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Twenty Nineteen Summer Recap // The Good Times



I literally can't believe how fast Summer went by! I know everyone says that, but it's true! My Summer Twenty Nineteen was a good one. I hit some major milestones in my life. Lived through some hard changes. Faced many fears. And overall, had the best summer anyone could ask for!

Some of the things this summer held, were bittersweet for me. Some things that happened were the hardest moments I've ever lived. Some things happened for a reason, things that we couldn't see happened for a reason until after the fact. But there are highs and lows to every season.

I don't want this post to be about the challenges me and my family faced this summer. I want to talk about some of the good things that happened. There are so many things that made this summer special to me. And I want to share with y'all some of my highs of this summer!

I will also be reviewing my 2019 Summer Bucket List that I made a post about in June. If you see a "*" by the title, then that means I did a summer activity that was from my bucket list!

~~~

FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINKS
This summer, I enjoyed many of my favorite drinks! Frozen hot chocolate is perfect for summer (although I still like them in the winter!) *winks* This summer, I also learned to make them at home which was awesome! <3

Carrie Underwood Concert *
At the very first of my summer 2019, we went to a Carrie Underwood concert which was a BLAST! So many memories! And going to a concert was one of the things on my summer bucket list!

Made Lots of Soap
My small business is growing! And I have loved experimenting with new scents and soap designs! It's a lot of fun!

Took Pictures *
I LOVE taking pictures! Especially in summer! There are so many things to capture! Sunsets, baby dear, turtles, country roads, hay fields, hot chocolate drinks, etc!!

Gave Rosie a Bath * 
Rosie was needing a bath for a while, so we gave her one! We have all the horses a bath! It was a whole family activity, so it was pretty fun! XD

Discovered Dairy-Free Ice Cream Bars
So, I was kinda obsessed with them for a bit! Every time me and my lil sis would jump in the pool, we would each a ice cream bar in the swimming pool! Why is it fun to eat in the pool?!

Picked Flowers *
Summer wildflowers are the best!

Participated in Camp Nano + won!
My goal was 30 hours and I barely made it, but I did it! <3

Stacked 500 Bales of Hay
Talk abt #girlpower! We rocked it!

Made Chocolate Raspberry Bars
I couldn't make them fast enough! My sisters appreciated my baking...

Celebrated Fourth of July! *
Fireworks, Flag-cake, and all!

Went to the Lake *
Jet skiing was fun! (although, we may or may not have had to bring umbrella so I wouldn't get sunburned when we stopped in the water! *headdesk*)

Swam in the Pool *
And at a friends house, I even learned to do a flip off the diving board! Kinda scary!

Helped with VBS
Learned some new songs with hand motions...

Read Some Books 
Not as many as I would have wished, but they all were very good reads!

Smoothies!
My fam makes the best smoothies! EVER!

Painted Pottery *
I love painting pottery! Especially with friends...

Went to Two Fairs! *
Fair food, sunburn, watching horse shows, apple cider slashes, etc! Sign me up! XD

Writing
I'm making a lot of progress with my WIPs! And even started a short story!

Went on a Road Trip * 
With Big Sis, and it was pretty awesome! Lots and lots of memories there!

Rode a Rollercoaster *
It was so much fun! And I stepped out of my comfort zone and actually rode a upside down one!

Went Hiking *
The views were so pretty!

Went on a Picnic *
Yum!

Sister Night
Everyone else went on dates, so me and lil sis had a sister night! We made brownies (with peanut butter frosting!), did face masks, and watched two Hallmarks! <33

Made Lemonade *
We have a awesome recipe!!

Stargaze *
In true country gal fashion! We took blankets and pillows out to the hay wagon! We saw a shooting star! We also brought the computer out there and watched a movie... We had such a good time!

Saw Overcomer in Theater
All of Winds of Faith (except Papa) went into big town to watch Overcomer! Highly recommend it!

Morning Walks
We are trying to get into a habit of going 2 or 3 miles each morning!

Drove with our windows down * 
Yess!

Washed Windows
It's apart of my job... we did 23 windows in 3 hours!

Had a Water Balloon Fight *
We caught them off guard and got them drenched! XD XD XD

Found a Four Leaf Clover *
Found it! Than fed it to my sisters horse.

Did a Mud Run *
SO. MUCH. FUN!

Baked Cookies *
Anything peanut butter chocolate! *winks*

Spent 66 hours on a boat with my family! 
I may have to do a post about our adventures renting a houseboat, who wants to hear all about it??

~~~

I didn't get all the things on my Twenty Nineteen Sumer Bucket list, but I did do a lot of them! And more! Although I am sad to see summer go by so quickly, there are things about Autumn that I am gettin' real excited for... Make sure to read my Fall Bucket list that I'll be posting in a few days!

What is something you did this summer that was awesome? Feel free to share a summer memory in the comments below! <3 






16 comments:

  1. I loved reading this, Brooklyne!!! :)
    I can't wait to see your fall bucket list! I'm actually making one too. ;)
    I still think that it’s so awesome that you and your family were able to take a vacation on a houseboat!!
    My favorite parts of summer were going to LA with my mom and going to the Oregon Coast with my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading this post!
      That's fun, can't wait to read yours!
      It was a lot of fun! I may do a post about our adventures... ;)
      Yes! I'm glad you had two great trips! <3

      Delete
  2. Upside-down roller coasters are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! It was more fun than I thought! I was pretty scared... XD

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun summer! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to hear about renting a houseboat! Sounds so cool! My dad had a boat for a while; sold it shortly after child #2 was born. He loves sailing though.

    Also, roller coasters are FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I may just have to do a post about it! :)
      Boats are fun! My dad loves anything to do with bodies of water... XD

      Roller coasters are really fun!

      Delete
  5. OKAY BROOKLYNE I REALLY REALLY NEED TO TRY ONE OF THOSE FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINKS YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT!
    Like, they sound SO good! Do you make them homemade, or?

    Wow! It sounds like you've had a full summer! (I totally agree, the year has gone by WAAAAAY too fast). I'd be interested in hearing about your adventures on a houseboat! That sounds super neat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! YOU REALLY REALLY NEED TO TRY A FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK!! Seriously tho, they are amazing! Almost too amazing! So we figured out how to make them at home, a healthier version... all you have to do is blend a frozen banana, ice, almond milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and that's it! Super yummy! *winks*

      Very full! Summer is such a fun time of year! <3 (but your right, it speeds by faster than greased lightning! XD)

      Yay, I'll have to do a post about it! :) It was really neat!

      Delete
  6. Summer has gone by so fast! Flipping of a diving board is scary. Sounds like you had fun this summer!!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has! ;) It took a lot of practice, that's for sure!

      Delete
  7. Ahhh! Sounded like a great summer!! Yes! Dairy free ice cream bars are the best! What kind did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!!! Summer is always so much fun. The brand we got is called Magnum non-dairy ice cream bars! They are so yummy! XP

      Delete
  8. What a lovely summer!! <33
    My favorite part of my summer was going on a mission trip to Panama. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! <3
      I saw your blog post, what a amazing opportunity! I've always thought a going on a mission trip would be such a blessing! I'm so glad you had a good experience!

      Delete