Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Let's Talk Movies


Today, lets talk movies! 

I haven't mentioned a lot about my taste in movies on my blog for a couple reasons. Number one, I like talking about books and writing and life better. Number two, everyone has different tastes in movies, and I don't know what y'all are comfortable with, so I wouldn't want to recommend a movie and have it be not up your alley.

Sooo, despite those odd reasons, I thought I'd do a post about some of me and my families favorite movies and shows anyway. I'll give little mini review on the movie series so you can decide for yourself it it's a movie you would like. I also did my personal star ratings to give you an idea! 

One thing I might point out is: My family loves series! We love getting to know the characters, theme songs, and quoting movies!

That being said, lets start with series!

(Note: Currently watching Doc {SO good so far!!} and Charles in Charge but have not finished them so no ratings yet).

Series:::

--Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (5 1/2 star!)

Sue Thomas is basically my top favorite series! It's so fun, entertaining, and exciting! I love the hearing dog, Levi. I love the funny office banter. I love the teamwork. I love watching them solve problems. And It's just a great show! My family was so sad to finish it!

--Road to Avonlea (5 star)

If you like Anne of Green Gables, and haven't watched Road to Avonlea... then you must!! It's so fun! As the series goes on, you get to grow up with the characters. All of the mischief the kids get into keeps things entertaining! And its very clean. 

--Wind at my Back (3 star)

I didn't like how the show started, or ended. But in the middle, I really liked it! And that theme song is so catchy! 

--Man From Snowy River: The McGregor Saga (4 star)

First, I love the Australian accents. Second, it was a great show. It did have lots of family drama so not all of the episodes were my favorite. 

--Dr. Quinn (3 star)

I love the storyline to this series. Definitely keeps things exciting. Content warnings on a few of the episodes though... 

--Hailey Dean Mysteries (3 1/2 star)

Every once in a while, I love a good mystery movie! These are usually good ones. 

--The Amazing Race (3 star)

I loved to "travel the world" by watching these challenges! Content warnings. 

--Five Mile Creek (4 star)

I loved this series and have actually watched it through twice. But I just hate that ending!! 

--Full House (5 star)

Just a fun show that is only 20 min long. Lots of "dad jokes" but makes for a good laugh!

--When Calls the Heart (3 star)

I love the first three seasons... then it kind of went down hill from there. Still fun to keep up with the latest plot twist(s). 

--Father Murphy (4 star) 

Great for a younger audience! 

--The Waltons (4 star) 

I loved watching these when I was younger... 

--A-Team (4 star)

Things blow up but know one gets hurt! 

-- Chesapeake Shores (3 1/2 star)

Great storyline! Little too much drama here and there. But looking forward to more seasons!

--MacGyver (19850, Magnum Pi, Last Man Standing, Simon and Simon (each of these are 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 stars) A lot of episodes are good, but some can be iffy.

Oldies:::

Dick Van Dyke Show (5 star)
I Love Lucy (3 1/2 star)
Andy Griffith Show (4 star)
Ma and Pa Kettle (4 star)
Gillian's Island (4 1/2 star)
Green Acres (5 star)
Roy Rogers (5 star)
Bonanza (2 1/2 star)


Movies:::

Mom's Night Out (5 stars!)
Parental Guidance (5 star)
Picture Perfect (4 1/2 stars)
Indivisible (3 star)
Overcomer (3 1/2 star)
The Redemption of Henry Meyers (4 1/2 star)
Woodlawn (3 star)
Mighty Macs (4 1/2 star)
Moondace Alexander (4 star)
Horse Crazy 1 and 2 (4 1/2 star)
Soul Surfer (5 star)
Priceless (3 1/2 star)
Signed Sealed Delivered: The Impossible Dream (5 star)
Signed Sealed Delivered: Higher Ground (5 star)
Yogi Bear (5 star)
Father of the Bride (4 star) 
Anne of Greene Gables (5 stars!)
National Treasure (3 1/2 star) 
Playing with Fire (4 star) 
While You Were Sleeping (4 star) 
Ranger, Cook, and a Hole in the Sky (4 star)
The Greatest Showman (4 star)
Wild Hearts Can't be Broken (3 1/2 star) 


What is your favorite Movie Series?? What is your favorite movie? Got any recommendations for me? Comment below!! 

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse 






29 comments:

  1. Ooh, thanks for the recommendations! I'll have to check some of these out! I love some of the ones you mentioned like Soul Surfer, The Greatest Showman, National Treasure, and While You Were Sleeping! I've also heard of Mom's Night Out (I think my friend's mom really likes that movie) so I'll have to look into that one!

    My favorite movie series would be Marvel's Avenger movies (as I mentioned in my last comment), but there is some content stuff that you might want to be careful of. As a tip, if you were to watch them, I would recommend doing so in the right order for the series to make the most sense (and make sure you don't miss the end credit scenes) ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check out some of these!! And you absolutely MUST watch Mom’s Night Out! It’s so funny and so good. It has deep moments and hilarious moments. 100% recommend!

      I’ll have to give those a try sometime! :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. ANDY GRIFFITH AND ROY ROGERS!!!!!!!

    Okay, so you should try out the animated Pilgrim's Progress, it's awesome and I know adults who love it! Also Flywheel, Christmas Oranges, Gods and Generals (minor content warning) and the 1950-60s Robin Hood series staring Richard Green!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!!! Roy Rogers especially has a special place in my heart! Watching it reminds me of the “good old days.” Lol, I even did a school paper on Roy Rogers! XD

      I’ll have to try those you mentioned! Flywheel is really good. I haven’t watched any of the other ones...

      Delete
  3. Andy Grifith! Dock Van Dike show! I Love Lucy!
    I’d add Beverley Hillbillies. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. ATTENTION BLOG READERS:

    Happy Thanksgiving! May y’all have a lovely day spent with family and friends. (Oh, and don’t forget the good food!)

    Stay Grateful,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I loved reading this post. You know how much I like talking movies. ;D
    I’ve seen at least half of these if not more. ;)
    I keep meaning to watch The Greatest Showman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss!! I love talking movies with you!! <3
      Oh fun! You should totally watch The Greatest Showman! :)

      Delete
  6. I love watching the old TV shows! Especially Dick Van Dyke, (we've be watching that lately) I Love Lucy, and Andy Griffith.
    I haven't seen Overcomer and Soul Surfer for awhile, but Father of the Bride is really funny and National Treasure is one of my favorite movies =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! It’s such a good one! Do you have a favorite episode?
      So many good ones!! XD

      Delete
    2. I don't think I have a favorite cause they're all so good!😂

      Delete
  7. Sue Thomas (!!!), Hailey Dean, When Calls the Heart, Chesapeake Shores... I Love Lucy! The Redemption of Henry Meyers, Priceless... Signed Sealed Delivered, Anne of Green Gables, The Greatest Showman... So many favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're watching through the Sue Thomas volumes (we just finished vol 3 yesterday) and I LOVE them!!!! I've also seen Overcomer, Father of the Bride (both editions) and The Redemption of Henry Myers. I Love Lucy is also pretty funny, though I love Sue Thomas a lot more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUE THOMAS!!!!!!!!! <3 <3
      (Hey, we are watching Doc which is put on by the same people who made Sue Thomas I think... and it’s also REALLY good!! There is 4 series and we are just starting the last season).

      Delete
    2. Father of the Bride (one and two) are such funny ones! :)

      Delete
    3. I plan on getting Doc at the library eventually.

      Delete
    4. (I love Father of the bride! 😆)

      Delete
    5. It’s such a good one, for sure!! XD

      Delete
  9. Fullhouse is so good! I watched the Walton's a lot when I was younger too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s such a cute one!!
      And The Walton’s bring back so many memories! :)

      Delete
  10. We don't want a lot of tv shows, so I haven't seen some of them. I've seen most of the those movies. Some of my favorite movies are, Indiana Jones, Beyond the Mask, Mountain Top, TomorrowLand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. i love sue thomas and full house!!! ive seen like half of the movies on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue Thomas is hard to beat!! ;) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete