Sunday, November 26, 2023

The Warsaw Sisters // Book Review


Another review book review! 

⭑⭑⭑⭒⭒

Heartbreaking, impactful, and a difficult read. 


One one hand, for history buffs, this is a 5 star book. The writing style is like poetry: deep and moving. The descriptions so real I ‘bout cried multiple times. The characters determined and realistic, with faults and character flaws.


On the other hand, for sensitive readers, this is a 0 star book. History must be remembered but this book is too painful for those with soft hearts like mine. 


These characters faced things that I would have never imagined… yet to think that stuff like this was real, it breaks my heart. 


I enjoy reading about those dedicated to fight for freedom in WW2, yet I have never read a book so raw and sad. Revealing such heartbreaks and trials of those in Poland. Despite this, the bravery of those who tried to stand for freedom, it’s inspiring. These fictional characters stood in place of real people that lived, fought, and died for a cause. 


Truthfully, I almost did not finish this book. But I had to know how it ended. I had to know what happened and if there was hope. The last couple chapters did offer a sliver of hope in them. But the ending was bittersweet and solemn. 


This was not a light read. It was heavy. The plot itself was complicated, with a timeline of about 5 years worth. It was well-planned and plotted. The writing style was amazing. Deep, insightful, and poetic. It was a story of sisterhood, loss, and human resilience. A story of love and the loss of loved ones. 


Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this to my friends. The descriptions were too real for me to want to share this story. However, I do think that this book was good for what it was advertised as. It’s just not for the sensitive heart.


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! What are you reading? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment