Thursday, May 19, 2022

Priorities Change, but this isn't goodbye for good



*crickets chirping... again* 

Hi, hey guys. Probably only a handful of people will see this, but I'm writing this mostly for me.

Four years ago, there was a girl who never skipped a Wednesday blog post. 

She was prompt and organized, her blog was her way to outreach and meet online friends. Four years ago, there was a girl who teased her older sister who had stopped reading due to work, but she was determined to always have time for reading. Sometimes, it feels just like yesterday that I was starting my blog, networking in the blogosphere. Writing for writing contests and doing fun blog tags. Heck, I even did a Q&A video! 

I don't even know where to begin. This blog has such a special place in my heart because it's played a huge role in my story. I've grown so much and changed so much. Because of this blog, I've stepped outside of my comfort zone countless times... Who would have guessed it would have been the reason I had the opportunity to meet online friends!

Priorities change. 

It's weird to think about, but I have two years left of college. This next fall, I'll be starting my Junior year! God has also opened the door to many unexpected things. My summer plans include a few milestone vacations and as much as I'm excited for all the new changes, I've had to put blogging on the back burner. Even reading fiction has slowed down quite a bit (even though I'm still determined it will never stop completely! *winks*) 


Priorities have changed. This isn't goodbye forever, I'll be posting an occasional book review. But for now, I've decided to say goodbye to posting things other than book reviews on Showers of Blessings. 

I'm actually really sad to write this post. Somehow it went from every Wednesday posting like clockwork to not posting for months and I don't know what to blame other than life gets busy and priorities change. God gave me this blog at a time when I needed it. Boy, did I need it. And I look back to see how far He's brought me. If you're reading this right now, if you've read my blog at any time in the last 4 years, I just hope you know how much Jesus loves you. 

I hate change so much but I can't keep up with blog posts anymore. I'm not a author yet but I'm still a writer at heart. Who knows, when I come back to the blogging world, it might be to promote my book! But until then, this blog will be for Revell book reviews. 

I don't know how to end this post other than to say, thank you for reading and following my blog over the years. If you'd like to stay connected, you can find me on Instagram (I don't post that often but when I do, it's like an extension of Showers of Blessings) @brooklyne_elysse and my business page is @windsoffaithco

I truly hope this blog has been a blessing to someone out there. And I know for sure that my story would look a lot different if I hadn't decided to start a blog to share my writing on. I don't regret for one minute all the designing and writing that went into this blog. Each post is certainly not perfect but every one of the 264 posts in this blog have meant something to me and I won't soon forget this little corner of the internet.

Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV "For I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." 

Psalm 16:11 NKJV "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." 

Many Blessings, 
Brooklyne Elysse :)

*P.S. I had every intention to do a giveaway celebrating 4 years of blogging but I didn't get around to it... I may be doing one on Instagram soon though! 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I'll miss your posts, but I totally understand. I mean, I practically just did the same thing. I'm still hoping to get back into blogging again, maybe with more of a schedule, but we'll see. Life has gotten busy and the future only looks busier! I'd hate to say goodbye for good, but I have no clue what the future holds for me and if I'll find time to keep up the blogging mood.
    I have always loved your posts from the day I found your blog, and I feel like we've become friends even though we don't really know each other. I pray God has many blessings ahead for you! Have a good day and God bless. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* Change can definitely be hard, but good too. I'll miss seeing your posts, but I totally understand! I'm excited to keep reading your book reviews.
    It's through blogging that we were able to meet and become friends!! <3

    ReplyDelete