Monday, December 30, 2019

December Wrap-UP post!



Wow! What a month! December was rather eventful, and it flew by super fast (haha, I always say that!) But anyway, some big things happened, and I hope you enjoy reading this wrap up!

~December started with a 5k race. We ran hard, and enjoyed doughnuts at the finish line. #priorities I was super excited to be able to run this race, and it was extra special. I got tenth place in my age group! 

~We drove by one of our old houses. It's weird to see a house you grew up in, all the memories and all that. 

~I participated in a Christmas book exchange and had a super fun time putting together two packages for two pretty awesome gals. 

~I received a order of promotional items that I designed for my small business! I love how everything turned out! :)

~Catching sunsets with pink fluffy clouds. (well, not literally catching them... ya know, with a camera!) I apologize for my over-thinking of one simple sentence! *facepalm*

~My older cousin asked me to look over her college paper (since I'm a writer and all *winks*) So I spent 3-4 hours working on it with her... hey, sorry, but I have a fine toothed comb, lol. 

~My sweet, darling horse decided to jump aka body-slam our barn gate. Yeah, I don't think it worked out like she had planned.

~Driving by Christmas lights in the dark. *shakes head while writing this* duh, in the dark... 

~Packaging soap!

~A fun day shopping with my favorite people.

~Frost-laced leaves that I HAD to photograph...

~*tries to take bookcase shelfie only to use up lots of photo space on phone and goofing off more than anything* So, note to self, when I'm board things can get comical pretty darn fast.

~Drawing a snowman with stick arms (fairly normal, oh wait, it gets better) and stick legs... Then a snowman beside it "melting" with the caption "Some people are worth melting for." Again, one of my board moments.

~Sunset silhouettes.

~Large soap order shipments.

~Receiving steak in the mail for Papa's 70th birthday from his home state... *wink wink*

~Frozen Hot Chocolate Drinks! And regular hot chocolate! 

~Making Sock Snowman for a babysitting craft, then again for a tutorial!! 

~Hand-lettering signs to put on a cinnamon roll "Rollin' by to say Merry Christmas!" 

~Designing a trifold program for a church event! I'm actually extremely proud how they turned out! ...I was a bit worried! But they looked great, if I do say so myself! 

~Making two batches of soap in one day!

~Practicing music for above said church event. I sang with my mom and auntie. (btw, it went better than I thought, and I survived getting up front in church!)

~Snow! AND then it vanished and we ended up NOT getting a white Christmas.

~Quote for this month, "We can't always choose the music life plays for us, but we can choose how we dance to it." 

~Learning to be spontaneous by flying for the first time in exactly one whole decade! 

~I was so blessed by the opportunity to spend a week on the beach with some of my very favorite people! <3 It was a much needed getaway that I enjoyed every minute of it! Making loads of memories, taking many pictures, eating lots of Mexican street corn (if you haven't tried it, your missing out!), searching for shells, time-lapse sunsets, movies, ocean waves, funny selfies, dolphins!!!, chilly walks on the beach, ice cream for breakfast, making a sand snowman, shopping, trying not to get a sunburn (in December!!!), etc. We had a blast! And I don't think anyone will ever know how much that trip meant to me...

~Christmas cookie baking for two days! It was epic! And I must say, they turned out super!

~Christmas Eve dinner.

~Family timing photo's, hopefully you know what I'm talking abt.

~Christmas Day: Nursing home, nachos, family pictures, yummy dessert, way to many cookies, stairs challenge (quite fun!), picnic table challenge (quite funny!), late night movies.



~My future husband is out there somewhere... trying to push a pull door, I just know it.

~Me: bangs head into glass shower door. Also me: bursts out laughing all by myself. 'Cause sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself!

~I ate a whole bag of my Auntie's candy (its like Swedish fish, but a natural spin-off) ...and now it's a continuous inside joke. 

~The picnic table challenge was hilarious! Just google it, and try it! Me and my little sister were the first to conquer it! 

~Me: *has super weird dream* Also me: starts writing a tearjerker dream spinoff that is hopefully not as weird as the dream itself. This story is top secret as of now though, so lips sealed. 

~Realizing that "this is how we roll" really is my whole families motto/phrase. 

~Me: Sees typo on a project I had already sent in. Also Me: oh no! What should I do!? Mom: It's ok, they'll get the point.


~New adventures (yes, scary too, but it's awesome at the same time!)

~Sunsets, ocean waves, spending time with my mom, auntie, and nannie.

~Rocking out to Christmas music.

~Baking cookies.













~Well, I did a whole long page of what I learned in 2019... maybe I will post it, maybe I won't. Idk yet. But just for this month:

~I've learned to pray when I'm terrified.

~It's ok to feel.

~To push through my reading slump! Thanks fellow readathoners!! <3

~To think positively, despite wanting not too.

~To cut ourselves and others some slack.

So tell me, how was your December? Did you have a good Christmas? Any funny, cool, awesome things happen in your month? Yay or Nay on this new Wrap UP format? Comment and let me know! 

P.S. No photo dump today... but to let you in on a secret, this month, there will be a whole post dedicated to a photo dump! So stay tuned for that! 






11 comments:

  1. December was pretty busy. Kinda glad it's about over, tbh. I'm ready to move on and start accomplishing things in 2020!

    The new Wrap-Up format is pretty cool, though!

    It's actually been in the 60's for the past week. And sunny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! Same here! And wow, I still can’t believe it’s almost the new year! ;)

      Thanks, I thought I might try something a bit different...

      Hey, that’s awesome! We have lots and lots of mud at our house!

      Delete
  2. Awe, sounds like a blessed and fun month. <3
    I can understand you eating all of your aunt's candy. xP Once you get started it's hard to stop. *laughs*

    I did a monthly wrap up\photo dump as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Thanks for reading about it! <3
      Haha, yes! Definitely! *winks*

      I always love your photo dumps!! ;)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! <3

      Awe, I'm glad you do!! ;D

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good month! The Christmas book exchange sounds so fun. My December was good. Very restful and renewing and much needed after a busy November. :)

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a really good month! I’m glad you also had a good December. Thanks for commenting, Melody! ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good December. ;)
    Oh, I'm looking forward to that photo dump post! :)

    ReplyDelete