Wednesday, February 12, 2020

The Small Joys Tag



All the credit for this tag goes to my older sister! She told me this tag idea, and thus today's post is a tag inspired by her: The Small Joys Tag! It's all about finding the little joys in life; things that bring you joy in the smallest of ways.

~Rules~

1. Thank the blogger who tagged you (Thank you Sissy for "tagging" me)

2. List 15 of your Small Joys (They can be as weird, random, and silly as you want to make them!)

3. Tag 5 blogger friends who bring you joy (and feel free to say why they bring you joy!)

4. Have fun with it!

~~~

1. Opening the Mailbox
I love getting the mail. Opening the mailbox and finding mail inside is one of my small joys. Even if it is just junk mail, it's still exciting to see it inside the mailbox. Sometimes I open the mailbox multiple times a day if I go by on the four wheeler. It's fun, and something that brings me a small amount of joy.

2. Frozen Hot Chocolate Drinks
I know, I know, food shouldn't brink me "joy," but if you could try a FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINKS then you would see what I'm talking about. But it's not just the chocolate-y drink, it's the way I always drink it. It's a bit on the weird side, but I can't eat a double chocolate blast drink without first taking a picture of it, then I take the domed plastic lid off. (nope, I can't just be like a normal person and use a straw through the lid, lol.) After the lid is off, I drink it through the straw, then use the other end of the straw to get the whipped cream... but only around the outside of the cup working my way until only a little circle of whipped cream is left. Y'all, its hard to explain, but it's the only way I can enjoy my chocolate drink! And if you haven't guessed it by the all-caps up above, I get pretty excited about these drinks. :P

And now, I'm pretty darn sure y'all think I'm very weird.

3. Movies with the Fam
My family likes to watch series together. It's something we do as a family and it brings me small joy to sit down and watch movies in the evening. And one other thing that brings me joy is the series theme song. Whatever series we watch, I always get excited when I hear it. It's just happy. (Especially the theme song to Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye!!)

4. Showers in the Dark
This is something I've found recently that brings me joy. Showers in the dark, with some music and maybe a candle or something. Just makes ya feel extra pampered.

5. When a Song Comes on at the Right Time
You can't help but smile when a song comes on at the exact right time! Or when a song has been stuck in your head and it comes on the radio? Yesss! Or a song that fits your mood that very minute. These coincidences songs always bring me small joy.

6. When I Write Something Profound
Once in a blue moon, I feel like when I write, sometimes it is actually profound. I'll read it again and again, and the thought of me coming up with it on my own (without Pinterest *winks*) brings me lots of joy. The glory goes to God for whatever profoundness I find within my writing, but still, the thought of me actually writing something amazing is a cool thought.

7. Spotting a Shooting Star
When you just happen to be looking up at the exact right moment to catch a shooting star. There is just something joyful about witnessing such a sight.

8. Taking a Good Picture That Isn't Blurry
Yes, I love photography. But those close to me would tell you that I'm actually awful at taking pictures. I have the eye for detail and angles, and whatever else you need for photography except the ability to actually take. the. picture. I don't know if I'm shaky, or if it's the habit I have of not watching what I'm doing and rather looking anywhere else but the camera on the phone. So to fix this, I just take about 1033804584834 photos and hope for the best! That's why it's such a small joy (and victory) when I actually take a good and clear photo!

9. Our Dogs
Dogs are anyones best friend. Unless you don't treat them like a friend. I'm very blessed to have been giving five darling pups to live with. Maverick loves to run outside (he jumps the fence) and is attached my daddy. Dakota is a big watch dog when the mailman comes down the drive, but is terrified of leather tack. Charlie is such a gentle boy, he reminds me of Eeyore. Maisey is a springy and happy girl who such a sweetheart. Then little tucker, my therapy dog *winks* he's small, but thinks he's a big watch dog like Dakota. We love our dogs, and they bring me such small joys.

10. Blog Comments
When I check for blog comments, I'm always happily surprised when I have them to read! Ya'll's feedback and support mean a lot!

11. Clean Sheets
Jumping into bed with freshly washed clean sheets? Sounds like a small joy to me!

12. Stepping on Cardboard Boxes
Ok, now I've done it. Now you really think I'm a weirdo. Haha, your right, and I'm totally cool with that! The reason stepping on cardboard boxes brings me joy? Funny you might ask that. Well, I have fond memories as a kid. In order to fit cereal boxes and such into the trash, mama would always let me jump on it and step all over it. Now, I still do, because it's fun! lol XD

13. A Good Pen & Penmanship & A Blank Page
Yup, every writer out there can relate to this small joy! When you come across a "good" pen, it like, wow, no one can take it from you. Or when you are writing and you go, "Wow, I have really good penmanship on that word." or when you just stare at a clean, crisp, blank sheet of paper. Ah, writers heaven right there!

14. The Scent of Lilac
Gotta love it. I love lilac scented candles!

15. All Things Aesthetic
Colors that coordinate, hand-lettering, books, etc! If it's aesthetic, I love it and it brings me small joy. *winks*

Tagging:

~Faith P. I love chatting movies, writing, and books with ya... each one of your messages bring me small joy!

~Rebekah H, I'm tagging you because you never fail to encourage me, laugh with me, and just plain geek out with me on the most random things.

~Liberty for all the small joy you leave me with each blog comment (and tag), I'm returning the favor! <3

~Patience, I know you don't have a blog, but I'm tagging you to reply in snail mail form. Thanks for making me smile.

~Kaitlyn K. you bring me joy because you make me laugh a lot. Your a fun person to talk with.

I'd tag a whole bunch of other blogger friends who bring me such small joys, but I can only tag 5!


What is something that brings YOU small joy?

Many Blessings,
Brooklyne Elysse

21 comments:

  1. Hmm what brings me small joy!? I'll have to say having a blog so I can share my adventures. ^_^

    ~Jacie~ thebiglifechange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes! There is so much joy to be found in blogging! ;)

      Delete
  2. I can relate with you to practically all of these! Also you're not crazy about jumping on cardboard boxes!..(We actually do this too;)
    I'll answer these in my next letter<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, sounds like we have some things in common! And I’m glad you don’t think I’m too crazy! XD

      Can’t wait!

      Delete
  3. Awesome tag!! I love to get mail too! :)

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeed this! *grins*
    Yes!! Comments make me so happy! Whenever I see I have some, I'm always happy. Ah, yes. Dogs bring such a joy into people's lives. Lottie sure has brought a big joy into mine. No wonder I named her Lottie 'Joy' *winks* Nope! you're not weird for stepping on cardboard boxes and finding joy in it. (I do it too) xP

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeee. *almost cries* You're so sweet. I'm so glad you enjoy my comments, and I really enjoy your's as well. You're such a dear. <3333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, is it okay if I use you're graphic?

      Delete
    2. Yayyyyyy!!! I’m soooo soooo soooo glad! *wiggles eyebrows*
      Comments are such a awesome way to encourage people too! :)
      And dogs are da bestest! Aw, and Lottie Joy sounds like just the sweetest thing EVER! I always love seeing her in your photo dumps!
      Haha, thanks! IKR, it’s fun!

      Ditto! Thanks for reading Showers of Blessings!!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    3. Awe, I'm glad you enjoy seeing Lottie!
      You're most welcome, friend!!! <3 <3 <3
      Okay, thank you!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Hey, you're not crazy... jumping on cardboard boxes is so fun. XD This is the sweetest tag idea and I loved reading your answers! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksss! Haha, I’m glad I’m not the only one who can find joy in squashing cardboard boxes, lol! Yes, I thought so too... My sister has good ideas! <33

      Delete
  6. I love this tag! Thanks so much for tagging me, Brooklyne!! <3
    Getting mail is the best! :) I’m with you on movies with the family too.
    I’m super excited to do this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re so welcome! <3
      Getting mail is the best!!!
      And so is family movie nights! xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute tag! I love getting mail as well. <33

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog, and this tag is so cute! I've just started a blog recently- would you mind if I participated in this tag even though you didn't tag me? I would credit you.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    -Sadie S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Sadie! Have I seen your blog before? What’s your blogs name?
      Yes! Go for it, I’d love for you to join in on sharing small joys! <3

      Delete
  9. Fun tag! <3

    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete