Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July Wrap-Up Post


July has come and gone, and its left me in the dust wondering what just few by. Yes, that's exactly how I feel! So many things happened this month. A few awesome things, and a few awful things. But isn't that life?

So lets wrap up July!


✭Forth of July party✭Fireworks✭Flag cake (Yum!)✭Family and friends from church✭Patriotic music✭Went jet skiing✭Horse lessons✭Putting up our pool✭Super hot out!✭Good food✭Movie marathon✭Stacking 500 square bales in the hayloft #girlpower✭Writing✭Camp Nano✭Meeting new friends in camp cabin✭word sprinting✭went to a OC "picnic" aka a camp cabin activity where you bring one or two of your original characters to a literary picnic (my sisters laugh, but I think it's fun!)✭Frozen hot chocolate drink while writing!! ✭Bought a lot of veggies at a auction to process✭Make salsa✭Made cucumber salad✭Froze zucchini, onions, and yellow squash✭Found a four leaf clover (check that off of my summer bucket list)✭Also made lemon blueberry zucchini bread which was AMAZING!✭Swimming with lil sis✭Taking pictures of flowers, butterflies, hummingbirds, and dragonflies✭Practicing songs for VBS✭Helped take senior pictures✭Sunset drive for ice cream✭Painting pottery with friends✭Hayfields✭Storm clouds✭Homemade lemonade✭A foggy morning✭Book mail! I bought The Old River Road by Hailey Rose!✭VBS✭My first time helping with song service and games✭July 23 was the hardest day of 2019✭Workouts✭A day at the fair✭Getting excited about a new opportunity God opened up✭Also, can we all just take a moment to throw some *confetti* because: I won Camp Nano! This morning, I finished my goal of 30 hours✭30 hours is a long time! But I got a lot done!✭Honestly, a big chunk of July was really hard because my dog, Bella Baby passed away. She had been with us for 17 years, and I don't remember a time without her. She was my baby and followed me around everywhere. She was my best friend, she knew all my secrets and was always there for me when I needed her✭So yes, its very tough✭Prayers would be appreciated✭Anyway, I'm still Living✭Laughing✭Loving✭and Learning✭


✩At tongue twisters✩At VBS kids✩At inside jokes✩etc✩

Speaking of tongue twisters... here's a glimpse into my writing life: 
~~~
Me: my WIPs are like tongue twisters for my brain.
Me: I need a break.
Me: but I need Camp Nano hours.
Also Me: I guess I'll try my hand at flash fiction...
*1000 words later* * and still going* *already starts to plan plot, characters, etc*
Me: ok, now I have a brand new WIP. Great. Just great.
#sendhelp #writerswouldknow
~~~
Also, this made me laugh: 



✮My family✮My friends✮My animals✮All the summertime things✮


⭑Wow. Not really sure what to say in this part, because I've learned a lot this month, sort of⭑I've learned to keep persevering even when it's tough⭑That 30 hours is a big Nano goal⭑that God's got this⭑That life is hard⭑Crying is ok⭑But the empty feeling is not⭑Don't harden your heart when the going gets tough, let Jesus heal you⭑God works in mysterious ways⭑His plans are always good⭑There is a time and a season for everything⭑Keep going⭑Prioritize your daily goals⭑Make time for the people who matter in your life⭑Social media isn't everything⭑Show up for the here and now⭑Don't keep looking at the future, shine where your at⭑You are never alone⭑

~Mini Photo Dump~ 


^^ Ice cream and a good book, what more could I ask for? 


^^ Rosie with a new braid!


^^ My VBS "Staff" shirt! :)


^^ Pottery I painted! 


^^ Workout pic


^^ A hummingbird!!!


^^ Lemonade at the fair!



~Goals~

July goal recap: 

~Participate in Camp Nano! Check!
~Continue blogging twice a week. Yes! 
~Ride Rose. Sort of, I groomed her a few times and got on her a couple...
~Help pull off the fourth of July party at our house... Yes! It was a success!
~Eat Forth of July cake! Yes! And it was amazing! 
~Do some continuing education research. Nope, that will have to be a goal for next month.
~Garden. Not really. 

August goals: 

~Blog twice a week.
~Plan a surprise for my 100th post! (It's already in the works!)
~Ride Rosie.
~Garden.
~Write 5,000 words.
~Edit some of my WIPs.
~Read one book.
~Do something on my summer bucket list!

First off, how is it I'm already making goals for AUGUST?? How? Why is summer flying by so fast? So tell me, how are you spending these summer months?
 And if it's not summer where you live, how are you spending these winter months?
 Do ya'll still like my wrap up posts or do you want me to try something different for a wrap up? How was your July? I'll see ya in the comments! 



23 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this! *grins*
    I'll say a prayer for my dear. <3 Losing something or someone you love is always hard. I lost my Grandma when I was three and I still struggle with it. And yes, it's ok to cry. Believe me. *laughs*
    I hope you have a great August!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you do your monthly wrap-up posts! ;) They’re always so fun to read!!
    I also always enjoy seeing your photos dumps! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm glad! Sometime I wonder if their too confusing... ;)
      Aw, thank you! <3

      Delete
  3. You know what they say...bookmarks are for quitters. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but I'd rather use a bookmark than dog ear the page...! XD

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a busy July! I can't believe August is already here!
    I'm so sorry about your dog❤️ I'll be praying for you<3
    Congratulations on Canp Nano!! That's a big accomplishment! 😊



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Very busy!
      Thank you so much for your prayers! <3
      And thank you! I was glad I made it!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful wrap-up!
    I hope you have a lovely August. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading about my July! Same to you! <33

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry about your dog, it can really hurt to lose one who you were so close to. They're special friends. <3

    Congrats on reaching your NaNo goal, 30 hours is a huge achievement! Also, thank you for asking how my winter is going haha, I feel like sometimes people forget seasons are different all over the world. ;) Thankfully winter is letting up for us so we've had some lovely sunny days! I've been able to go on walks more and also do some writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard. But it was also hard seeing her get so old and having complications... but I am so blessed to have had her as a best friend for 17 whole years! <3

      Thank you so much! I realize now that 30 hours is a LOT of time! ;)

      Oh, you're welcome! And I hope your having a great winter! *hands you a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a good book* XD

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Great wrap-up post, Brooklyne! Congratulations on reaching your NaNo goal!!! Rosie looks so adorable with her new braid! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Molly! Camp Nano was both exhausting and super fun! My "cabin" was so encouraging! Aw, thanks! Rosie liked getting her hair up like that because it was so hot out...! =)

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had fun!☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some days were a lot of fun! Thanks for commenting!! ;)

      Delete
  9. Sorry about your dog. Prayers. Summer is going by so fast. It has been a busy month for me! :)

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers! Yes, summer is going by fast indeed! :)

      Delete
  10. You had a lot of fun in July! But.. I'm so sorry about your dog :( Great photos and congrats on reaching most of your goals! Have an amazing August and best of luck with your goals! <3
    Ann xx
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! And I'm so glad you liked reading this wrap-up! Thanks so much for commenting! <3
      Have a great August!

      Delete
  11. Glad you had a good month!
    Congrats on winning Camp Nano!

    ReplyDelete