Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Happiness vs. Joy


Happiness 
Written by Brooklyne 

A feeling
That makes you
Hold in your breath
A feeling
That makes you
Feel butterflies 
A feeling
That makes you
Smile, non-stop 
A feeling 
That makes you
Sing like crazy
A feeling
That makes you 
Dance, just because
A feeling
That only lasts
But a moment 

Joy
Written by Brooklyne 

A mindset 
That keeps you
Thankful for life
A mindset 
That keeps your
Heart, filled with love
A mindset
That keeps your 
Smile, joyful
A mindset 
That keeps you 
Singing throughout
A mindset 
That keeps you
Dancing in rain
A mindset
That only One
Can bestow it 
A mindset
That only you 
Can choose to keep
A mindset
That will last you 
A whole lifetime! 

The feeling of happiness can last for a season
vs.
The mindset of joy can last for years to come

Happiness depends on your circumstance 
Joy is seen no matter you circumstances

Choose joy! 

Philippians 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!" 

➳✩➳✩➳✩
How have you been joyful this August? What is the difference between happiness and joy to you? Lets talk in the comments! :D 

19 comments:

  1. I like that joy is what I'm chasing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good thoughts Brooklyne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've really been joy these past few months. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the feeling vs mindset contrast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Because joy really is a mindset. I'm glad you stopped by, Mallory! <3

      Delete
  5. What a great question! Happiness for me is something that is temporary and comes through the interactions of people you love and situations. Joy comes from God, and motive of a heart that is full of love.

    Livvy
    @belivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way to describe the difference between happiness an joy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Livvy!

      Delete
  6. I love this! I love how you clarified the difference between happiness and joy through that poem! Great post, Brooklyne! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed reading these poems! You always leave such nice comments, Sarah! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  7. You are such a good poet Brooklyne ! And ture, is what I think of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so true! May we enjoy happiness, but keep choosing joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This insight on happiness vs. joy is something I didn't think about before!! I've followed your blog!

    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading my poems and following!

      Delete